Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Soloist Owners
Quote | Reply
All,

I just unpacked my new Cervelo Soloist Team frame set (Aluminum). I notice on the seat post it has a 65mm min. insertion line and it stops right on that line, is this right? It needs be lowered about 4cm more. I guess I will have to cut it down.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist Owners [Jason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beats me...
i had mine "fit" when i bought it... there's a bunch of threads about seat post/seat clamp problems, so i haven't dared adjust it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed the minimum insertion line on mine - I have no trouble lowering the post beyond that. There's an effective maximum insertion, but that's within about 2 inches of the seat clamp. You should definitely be able to lower your seat those 4cm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may need to look for burrs on the inside of the seat tube. I wouldn't recommend cutting the post since the minimum insertion is to provide enough seattube-seatpost interaction to counteract flexing in the exposed seatpost section. Most likely it is welding blow-through burrs on the inside that are preventing the seatpost from going lower.

Increasing awareness for suffers of DGS (Diminished Gluteal Syndrome).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
All,

I just unpacked my new Cervelo Soloist Team frame set (Aluminum). I notice on the seat post it has a 65mm min. insertion line and it stops right on that line, is this right? It needs be lowered about 4cm more. I guess I will have to cut it down. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jason, Congrats on the new frame. I really like the Soloist. What size did you go for/height are you? I was thinking of getting one myself but fall between sizes.
Last edited by: determinator: Dec 20, 05 5:16
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist Owners [UCSD racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked in the seat tube and there appears to be a burr more like a bump, would it hurt to file it down?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist Owners [determinator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'9 and i went with the 53cm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would contact Cervelo. This sounds like it could be a quality control issue. If it is, it's best to let the manufacturer handle it. I'm guessing the
"bump" is right under a weld with the top tube or seat stays???
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist Owners [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It it most probably a weld. Check it carefully.

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply