Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P5 vs PX [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
I think the P5D ought to come with the PX cockpit. unfortunately, I think most bike shops won't know this, and will continue to fit riders to the bike they want to sell, and we'll continue to see riders riding short and cramped on their P5Ds.

For the Aero minded, I think Quintana Roo probably offers the most flexibility. A slew of stem length (up to 110mm), integrated hydration (which i think is a stronger selling point that ability to hold 3 conventional bottles and 2 complete spare tires). Most importantly, it uses conventional handlebar clamps, which will be compatible with Morph-tech.

I believe Morph-tech will be more aero than any integrated aerobar bar setups can be.

ericMPro wrote:

The thing I like about the PX is the adjustability of the cockpit... specifically tilt. This is a requirement or screening criteria for me and my position. It's also possible on the P5d, but not natively.

I'm told that shops are able to swap, but I'm not sure how simple or easy it is.

I know that if I were a Cervelo dealer I'd make the EX-10 mono riser standard on the P5d for most riders, except for ones like me in which case I'd make a tilt wedge under the pads standard.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 vs PX [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had both the P5D and a PX for about a year, I had the P5X before these as well... the P5X was a great bike but the PX is a definite upgrade over the P5X. I rode various versions of Speed Concepts before this ever since it was released.

I needed to sell a bike though and chose to keep the PX over the P5D for a few reasons, it wasn't an easy choice and both bikes have aspects that I really liked but for me the PX was the better bike to keep.

Weight between the two is negligible, The P5D with Dura Ace Di2, Enve 7.8 wheels, Dash saddle/post combo, 2 rear cages, one one the frame and one BTA was 18.7 pounds on the road, that's with cages, pedals, Garmin mount etc. The PX in an identical configuration was 19.9 pounds but that's also with the built in flat kit and Ceramicspeed OSPW. The PX was weighed without the large storage box which I don't need, if you need that it will add a good bit of weight.

The P5D has slightly longer reach which really worked for me, I hated the stock bars and couldn't get comfortable on them at all but once I swapped those out to the P3X/PX front end it made a huge difference. I prefer the ride quality of the PX and how solid it feels. One of the main selling features of the PX is the base bar that can be split but I actually prefer the fit and feel of the P5D base bar.

I struggled with the decision on which bike to keep but when it came down to it I just like the versatility and uniqueness of the PX so I chose to keep that. Can't go wrong with either bike really, I raced the P5D in three Ironman races last year and never had an issue with storage or anything. Just personal preference for me and wanting to have something that's slightly different than anyone else plus wanting to ride the bike every time I look at it certainly helps with my motivation! The P5D looks just 'meh' to me but it a great bike to ride and has a more traditional look which it seems most people prefer.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 vs PX [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
I had both the P5D and a PX for about a year, I had the P5X before these as well... the P5X was a great bike but the PX is a definite upgrade over the P5X. I rode various versions of Speed Concepts before this ever since it was released.

I needed to sell a bike though and chose to keep the PX over the P5D for a few reasons, it wasn't an easy choice and both bikes have aspects that I really liked but for me the PX was the better bike to keep.

Curious if you notice any dampening effect when riding the PX vs the P5D? Since it is still a rigid frame unlike the old Softride or Titanflex that had quite a bit of flex I'm trying to gauge is the PX better in that regard considering the two are identical in price, what's the overall benefit of the PX over the P5D?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:

Cervelo ought to have marketed the bike as all out the fastest, and convince me that loading up the storage is the only way to go, and that beam bikes are faster than double triangles.

Cervelo is the only beam bike that's faster than double dimonds, whoops diamond bikes.

bloodyshogun wrote:
All the marketing about the bike left the impression "it's the fastest... if you load it up (but you don't have to)......... I would want an all out no contest / fastest tri-bike... and the P5X was not marketed as such.

And yet the P5x is exactly that. Loaded up or not. We proved that

I have a very short list of bikes that are faster than my heavily modified Scott Plasma 3 Premium and a ton of data to back up what I'm about to say. Cervelo makes the only non double diamond bike that is faster than my current plasma and the only one I'd switch to.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: May 14, 20 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 vs PX [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if it's a dampening effect really, like you say the 'beam' isn't your typical beam and isn't suppose to dampen your ride like the old beam bikes... what I do notice is an isolation feeling from the road, I guess without chainstays that makes sense. Probably also related to the massive tube shapes used in the PX. The roads where I live are horrible, a lot of rough pavement and chip seal but I barely notice it and the PX just feels super solid on the road.

tri3ba wrote:
Curious if you notice any dampening effect when riding the PX vs the P5D? Since it is still a rigid frame unlike the old Softride or Titanflex that had quite a bit of flex I'm trying to gauge is the PX better in that regard considering the two are identical in price, what's the overall benefit of the PX over the P5D?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 vs PX [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I have a very short list of bikes that are faster than my heavily modified Scott Plasma 3 Premium and a ton of data to back up what I'm about to say. Cervelo makes the only non double diamond bike that is faster than my current plasma and the only one I'd switch to.

It's almost as if 25 years of making a fast or the fastest bike has gone into Cervelo making the PX. Hmmm...

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
That crowd doesn't care. That crowd will buy what shops recommend / what pros are riding.

"That crowd" is increasing riding what *I* tell them to ride, not what the shops or pros tell them to ride.

Or Slowman. Or Brian. Or Jim. Or Kiley. Or James. Or Dr. Chung. Or Tom A. Or Xavier. Etc.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Quote Reply

Prev Next