Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P5 (3) - Assembly Question
Quote | Reply
New to the Forums - and I have a question. I've looked around the Web for an answer to this - but can't find anything.
I bought a P5 recently. It had been slightly used - but mostly disassembled when I got it.
I ran the shifters cables recently, but I'm very puzzled by the one cable at the rear derailleur. Where the cable goes into the bike frame. With the lack of assembly instructions anywhere for these bikes, I can't figure out the proper way for the cable to be stationary. For now, the cable is just pushing against the rubber grommet (which seals the frame). But that seems wrong.
I'll attach some photos.
Maybe someone can let me know. And try not to rake me over the coals too much. I know I could pay someone to assemble this. But I'm trying to learn all these things so I can do my own maintenance.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 (3) - Assembly Question [IM808] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m fairly certain that is correct but I’d need to verify that when I get home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's exactly how mine is and looks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess it's right then. The little rubber grommet didn't seem very trustworthy. And after going through my parts again, I found a second one - in brand new condition. Seems much more stiff. I'll use that one.
I appreciate the replies. I'll post some photos, once my bike is all ready.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IM808 wrote:
I guess it's right then. The little rubber grommet didn't seem very trustworthy. And after going through my parts again, I found a second one - in brand new condition. Seems much more stiff. I'll use that one.
I appreciate the replies. I'll post some photos, once my bike is all ready.

no that is not correct. it should be a plastic thing that your ferrule (the thing at the end of your housing) seats quite firmly in. the plastic housing is also stiff, with a small release notch to take it out of the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 (3) - Assembly Question [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
no that is not correct. it should be a plastic thing that your ferrule (the thing at the end of your housing) seats quite firmly in. the plastic housing is also stiff, with a small release notch to take it out of the frame.

Interesting. I would have thought it would be something like you're describing. That would make more sense. Wonder where I'd find such a thing??

I'll attach a couple photos of the extra rubber grommet...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that is also not it. i'd link you to the correct thing but excel sports boulder's website is not functioning for me right now. what you are looking for is a ''cervelo small part'' that is a mechanical frame stop.

looks like the previous user might have run di2 and as such not kept/known he had all the associated grommets for a cabled system
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IM808 wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

Interesting. I would have thought it would be something like you're describing. That would make more sense. Wonder where I'd find such a thing??

I'll attach a couple photos of the extra rubber grommet...

Lol, that’s not it. As James said a plastic moulded part.

Side note depending on which Gen p5 they did away with internal cable housing and now you run housing right to the B.B.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 (3) - Assembly Question [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
that is also not it. i'd link you to the correct thing but excel sports boulder's website is not functioning for me right now. what you are looking for is a ''cervelo small part'' that is a mechanical frame stop.

looks like the previous user might have run di2 and as such not kept/known he had all the associated grommets for a cabled system

Bingo!! We have a winner!!

Just found it on Google Images - and linked back to Excel Sports (8 bucks). Thanks a ton!! I really had my doubts on this rubber thingy. And I do believe the previous owner had a Di2 setup. So that now makes sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Di2 yes. Sorry for the confusion.

Glad you got it figured out and enjoy the rig.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 (3) - Assembly Question [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yrebetta wrote:
Di2 yes. Sorry for the confusion.

Glad you got it figured out and enjoy the rig.

No worries. Takes time to get familiar with all the little bits of a new ride. This P5 is shaping up to be a rocket. Can't wait!!
Quote Reply