Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P3X owners - information required please
Quote | Reply
Hi, I am looking to buy a P3X, used in excellent condition. A couple of questions;
1. Does the design of the frame help eliminate a degree of road buzz or go some way to help with rough road surfaces?
2. Realistic tyre clearance - which I guess can be linked to the first question.
Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X owners - information required please [Xplombier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been discussed many times, search and take a look.

Most I’ve read said depends on the beam bike. I’ve read the cervelos are pretty stiff.

I just like the look of them personally, but I ride a P5D.

The tire clearance I can’t help with.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X owners - information required please [Xplombier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a size small P3X I am looking to sell, not sure what size you are looking for.

To answer your questions:
1: yes the beam frame design does help with road buzz and vibration. I had a dimond previously and the beam design in the cervelo and the dimond does make for a more comfortable ride as it takes some of the harshness out since it does not come up the seat stays and seat post to you.

2: Clearance for up to 28mm I believe but I think you could get away with 30mm if you really wanted to. I am running 28mm tubeless tires on HED vanquish wheels and it is a game changer for comfort and speed. The combo of frame and tires makes for more comfort in training and racing across rough surfaces.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X owners - information required please [dcolv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m looking at an XL. Thanks for taking the time to reply, pretty much all I wanted: an owner with some real world experience.
I’m sure as time goes on Tri bikes will have more and more tyre clearance so comfort will able to be dialled in with wider tyres (at the expense of aerodynamics depending on tyre/wheel combination), but I’m looking at the second hand market presently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have personally mounted the following:
Sidewall branded 28 conti gp5k s TR on HED vanquish rims fits well. These measure 28 wide when mounted. On the other hand, I get rub from an old (but low mileage) set of gp 4ks ii, that are also 28 branded. I put them on the aluminum DT Swiss wheels that came with the bike which are listed as an 18 mm wide rim, and inflated with tubes, they measure 29mm wide. They look to have plenty of room width wise, but the back wheel rubs in the radial direction. Aka: tire is too tall. I have no opinion on the beam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just make sure all parts are there. And take in consideration that parts like the storage unit above the bb damages easily with travel and cervelo stopped producing these parts.
They are also no longer listed on the website so my guess the model and design is now discontinued

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my p3x since 2020.

1. Road buzz. Personally I think it definitely helps with reducing some road vibration in the rear. Pretty sure sponsored pro Ben Hoffman has stated this as well. Obviously doesn't do the same in the front so it's only of some benefit.

2. Clearance. I run a 25mm front/28mm rear on a 20.5 internal rim diameter. For reference I put in a training wheel set, a DT swiss alloy rim with 18mm ID and 32mm schwalbe one tube type. They fit, albeit wasn't much space in the rear if you picked up some road grit.

I would be comfortable running a 30mm on a wider ID to reduce the profile height.

They are great bikes. Yes they are a bit heavier than rivals, but have excellent power delivery which mitigates the extra weight on climbs. It would appear the PX series has been discontinued (?) so possible they will go the way of the iconic zipp beam bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X owners - information required please [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had to buy parts and it is correct that Cervelo doesn't sell them on their site anymore, but my LBS had no trouble getting me the storage case and that fragile stem cover.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X owners - information required please [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The info I got from these parts was from cervelo EU, mybe different from where ypu live.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply