Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P3C Sizing and Ride Quality Question
Quote | Reply
For those of you out there with P3's can you give me some input on proper sizing for me? I am 5'9'' and 30" inseam. I ride a 54 Transition now but use short stem for reach. Would I be alright on a 51 P3C? Also, for those who have tried other carbon frames how are the P3's comparatively speaking on dampening/road vibration issues? My S-Works transition is a great bike but pretty stiff.

Thanks for your input.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Sizing and Ride Quality Question [valdlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 5'10 with a 30" inseam and ride a 54cm P3. Read Slowman's article on the front page, this is from his review of the P2 but would apply to the P3 as well

"Today, your best play is to buy the most frame you can underneath you, that is, rather than a smaller frame and a longer, taller stem with spacers underneath, fill up that space with frame material (which is stronger, lighter, more aerodynamic, than stems, spacers, and overtall headset top caps)."
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Sizing and Ride Quality Question [spr-2-cus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a touch over 5'8", 30" inseam and ride a 51cm P3C. I also have a 54cm P2C and can move between the two bikes with no issues (side by side, the setup/measurements are virtually identical). I think you'd be fine on a 51cm, but the only real way to tell is to get fitted by someone that knows what they are doing.

-John
Last edited by: CrazyCanuck: Apr 26, 10 14:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vibrations felt from road conditions have a lot more to do with tire pressure than with whether you're on a Specialized Transition or a Cervelo P3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5'9" (with longer torso and shorter legs) and ride a 54 cm. I use a 120mm stem though. Great mix of road feel and stiffness.

Competitive Cyclist has a great fit calculator, I'd do it to be on the safe side........in some cases 5'9" is borderline between a 51 and 54.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Sizing and Ride Quality Question [boilermaker_yv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5' 8" 30" inseam 51cm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'7" - 30" inseam and ride a 51cm with a 110mm 10 degree down stem and hed bars. Fits me very very well. 165mm cranks and a very forward seat position too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'9", 31" inseam. 51cm P3C. You would be fine on a 51. I would probably not recommend the 54. I'm between a 54 and 56 on most road bike frames.
Quote Reply