Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2K seat tube diameter?
Quote | Reply
HELP! I'm considering the purchase of a seat post, but need to make sure that said seat post is the correct diameter for a Cervelo P2K. Can anyone tell me with a reasonable amount of certainty the proper diameter that I need to purchase for this bike?

Thanks in advance.

press
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2K seat tube diameter? [press] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The seat tube is a unique size and shape so you can only buy seatposts from Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2K seat tube diameter? [Zinc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps I should rephrase...

I understand that the unique shape of the seat tube necessitates the Cervelo...uh, "sleeve" that fits into the bladed seat tube.

However, can an...uh, "aftermarket" standard round seat tube be purchased that will fit into this sleeve?

I have a great deal available on a really nice seat post (REALLY nice) that would save me some weight.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...and furthermore, what is the diameter of that standard round seatpost that fits into this sleeve. I'm assuming that it's 27.2mm (I don't have the bike with me right now to do the measurement myself).

TIA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't believe there are any aftermarket posts that will fit in a Cervelo seatpost...

However, if you can get a screaming deal then hook a brother up. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2K seat tube diameter? [Zinc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your info. Much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no such thing as a round seatpost for P2K.

You wanna save weight? Buy the carbon replacement post from Cervelo. I did. Much nicer.

https://customercare.cervelo.com/estore/orderform.aspx?type=0

Make sure to get the right size for your bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, there is no existing round post that will fit a p2k. the seat tube width is far less than 27.2

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply