Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P-Series aero bottle
Quote | Reply
I recently purchased a P-series and had a couple questions about the aero bottle that comes with the bike. It seems a bit flimsy and for whatever reason slippery so I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to keep it or not.

1. Is there anything to suggest its more aero to leave it on the bike or can I just ditch it?
2. Since there is no storage for a flat kit are people just coverting the bottle into there flat storage or there a better aftermarket option for flat storage?

Thanks.

Peak NA Cocktails for Recovery
WAE Clothing
Youtube
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-Series aero bottle [csb146] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I helped a friend build a P-series, and she split the back of the bottle open to turn it into a flat kit. Works great, and then with a bottle BTA and another behind the seat you're good to go for racing anyway
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-Series aero bottle [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the flat kit conversion for the aero bottle on my P5 Disc - and ended up swapping back to the actual aero bottle for races. I have not had any issues with it, and think it is better than the Elite bottles that are frequently used. I have ridden on some rather bump roads with no ejection.

If you are looking for a flat kit spot, either stuff it under the saddle or get one of the Custom Bike Accessories rear draft box made by Yann B here on the forum.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-Series aero bottle [csb146] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I applied some skateboard grip tape around the top of the bottle to make it easier to grab.
Quote Reply