Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo's Velomax Vista Wheels Any Good?
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a P3 SL complete w/factory components but I'm a little concerned about the wheelset. Are the Velomax Vista's any good? Nobody seems to sell them although I recall seeing a retail value of about $240 per pair and a total weight of...ouch...2200 grams.

Overall the bike seems to have great components excepts for these sketchy wheels. Any opinions?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo's Velomax Vista Wheels Any Good? [Monopolisf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In addition, if you were purchasing a P3 factory spec'd what components would you upgrade? Originally I planned to replace the saddle and brakeset. Are the Cervelo brake calipers as good as Dura-Ace? What about the FSA cranks?

Thank you all for your insight. I have ridden a ten year old fuji for the last...ten years, lol. I'm not really up to speed on the quality of today's components.

SF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velomax Vista are excellent training wheels. I have a set that I train on. No problems whatsoever. I don't really think they are 2200 grams a pair though. I would double check on that. I think they are comparable to a Mavic Equipe. They have a 30mm rim depth unlike the Equipes. Decent hubs. Have stayed true thus far after 1 year of use. More and more bike manufacturers are spec'ing their bikes with Velomax, i.e. Cervelo and Felt. And both companies have reputations to uphold so I don't think you have to worry about them putting junk wheels on their bikes.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not completely sure, but it appears like they are just the same Alex rims as used by Ritchey, Neuvation, etc. I doubt the weight is that high, as the other wheelsets with the same rim, and spokes, but different hubs are around the 1750 gram range. Probably a better training wheel than Velomax's Circuits as they don't appear to have the Twin Threaded spokes to frustrate less mechanically inclined riders if a spoke were to break. Of course, they're not as light as the Circuits but why would you want light training wheels?

The cervelo brakes are not going to be as good as Dura Ace. If you want to upgrade anything else (besides the saddle), the only thing that sticks out is possibly the fork.

Increasing awareness for suffers of DGS (Diminished Gluteal Syndrome).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoot, if I was spending your money I'd probably go with a set of these...

...and a pair of these...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velomax wheels rock! They are my favorite wheels, bar none. A great spec, and you'll love them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a 2004 team soloist.. which has the velomax circuits.. so i can't comment on the wheels.. but i know that the brakes suck.. definatly replacing them once i can afford bike stuff again. I would put them slightly under 105 level.. maybe just equal..
and the saddle.. i dunno about the saddle.. but if you look at the picture it does seem to be selle italia..
and the cranks are good, i have some friends with them with no complaints.

-David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With regards to the Velomax Vistas, one word: Bomb-proof. What else do you want in a trainingwheel?

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply