Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Centurion Canada
Quote | Reply
I am looking for some advice on what wheels to use. I haven't done a road race before but have both Ksyruim SL and 404s and not sure which is my best option.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Centurion Canada [TOTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either wheel-set would be a good choice. It's really going to depend on how things spill-out for you. If you will be able to hang with the front group or in a bigger group, the 404's will be of less use. However, if you are stuck on your own for long stretches of time, the 404's will be helpful.

FWIW - I did Centurion CO, very different course and with a much smaller start list than Centurion Canada, and I was purely riding on my own for about 20 miles or less, of the 100 miles.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a lot of climbing (2000m) and it's group riding so weight trumps aero. My lightest wheels are Roval SL45's so that's what I'm going with.
Quote Reply
Re: Centurion Canada [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoping to hang with the front group but will use the 404s to be safe.

Thanks for the feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suspect that it's going to be a very big group at the front. There were about 200 in the front group for the first 20K at Centurion Boulder( which I hung out towards the back of - not the best place, but hard to move up as the full width of the road was full)), but then we started a 40K climb and it started to thin out progressively from there. I finished up 104th, so, I ended up passing about half of those people who were ahead of me. But at Centurion Boulder, it was all about the climbing.

Was hoping to ride on the weekend, but my wonky back has taken a turn for the worse this week, so I will be there working, making it great, suppotive and safe for all of you.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply