Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Career ?
Quote | Reply
Does anybody on here work in the tri industry? I've worked in sales jobs long enough to realize I need to sell something I really care about and enjoy. What could be better then working for Asics, Zipp, GU, Cervelo, etc???? Any advise or direction in who to contact would be greatly appreciated....
Quote Reply
Re: Career ? [turn n' burn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump

Nobody on here works at a shoe store or bike store?????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you and me both

get in line!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The info to apply for a job at Cervelo is on the contact-us page of our website.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Career ? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If working for cervelo paid even 80% of what I make now I'd call in sick for the next two weeks (after giving my two weeks notice). It would be worth the 40+ minute drive from Hamilton just to work somewhere I have a passion for. Too bad my welding is limited to mig..welding frames would be cool. But then given the backlog on the r2.5 maybe I'd be better off learning to work carbon fiber...hmmmm.
Quote Reply
Re: Career ? [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And after how many frames you welded, do you think you just might want your old job back?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stop working for the MAN and start your own gig!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear what you are saying. Indeed, it is important to have a passion for what you are selling. However, with respect to Gerard and others here in the sporting goods business, it is not all wine and roses. Like any business, it's tough starting out. Margins are thin and people are reluctant to deal with outsiders. It's hard to break into at a number of different levels. That being said, it is a great business to work in, if your money earning expectations/needs are modest. You enjoy working in a casual work environment and like working with people who share your enthusiasm and passion for sport.

I worked directly and indirectly in the business for years and it was a great deal of fun. I am not in it now, but I apply my endurance sport training commitment, dedication, enthusiasm and tenacity and longevity to what I work at now. I'll be darned if another ad sales person beats be out for the contract with a key company and I'll keep going and going and going and calling and calling and talking and talking( It's sort of like an Ironman when you think about it!!) . . with a prospect or a client until I get the sale or we both figure out that there is no fit. Perhaps that strategy will work for you. It's not perfect, but what in life is?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Career ? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The info to apply for a job at Cervelo is on the contact-us page of our website. "

Would CSC be interested in hiring a chiropractor for the tour next year??
Quote Reply
Re: Career ? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would CSC be interested in hiring a guy to run naked up the mountain and flip off LA?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Career ? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how about a yoga instructor?

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Career ? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Especially if he (you) could pass for Donald Trump? (Don't discount the celebrity look-alike angle when you make your formal pitch!)
Quote Reply