Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon seat post for P3 How to get?
Quote | Reply
I Have an older (2000 I think- original charcoal flat black paint) P3, which I bought used about a year ago. It has the AL seat post on it, I have seen that there is a Carbon Seat post available for it. My first question is if the carbon post makes a real different in the ride of the bike, I was hoping to ad a bit of dampening to the rear end. Second assuming that it is worth the cost and hassle of changing, how do I go about getting one with out a local shop to sel me one.

Thanks

HBS

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: Carbon seat post for P3 How to get? [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excel Sports Boulder has Cervelo carbon posts you can get via mail order for about $149. I ordered one (small) for my P2k, and to my perception, though not scientifically proven, it seems to me that the ride is slightly more comfortable than the aluminum post. Make sure NOT to have any grease on the post or seat tube. The fit is very tight on mine, and I think this may require the removal of the seatpost shim if there's difficulty in getting it in.

http://www.excelsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon seat post for P3 How to get? [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got one for my P2K about a month ago from the Trek store in San Diego for $100. It made a noticible difference in dampening the ride to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon seat post for P3 How to get? [Ross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys, I'll look into it!

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply