Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon or Steel Seat Post
Quote | Reply
I need to get a new seat post. Old one is now to short. Has anyone had a better experience with a carbon one versus steel???

------------------------------------------------------------
CertainlyAreNotTri'ing
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon or Steel Seat Post [speedy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen steel seatposts recently. I'm sure they make them, but I don't think they're that common. Most common are aluminum or carbon. As long as you find one long enough with the proper offset, you should be fine. Most of the information I've read say there's no difference in comfort between seatposts of different materials.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon or Steel Seat Post [FeltGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This must be new info then, cause I tell you that there is a HUGE change in my bikes when I went from thompson Elite post to Record Carbon post..the carbon is much smoother and transmits less shock than the Thompson

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon or Steel Seat Post [trichick12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most best post to get is actually titanium. I'm no materials engineer but read that they actually have compression properties better than carbon or aluminium. I'd suspect steel does also but would be heavier.

I've never noticed a difference between carbon and aluminium posts but thought my titanium Campy Chorus post was nicer. Of course this is all subjective.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon or Steel Seat Post [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks guys, ill try out ti and carbon ones i think

------------------------------------------------------------
CertainlyAreNotTri'ing
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon or Steel Seat Post [trichick12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you trying to do here? Just get your seat higher? If that is the case get a Thompson or what ever...finding a Ti post is big $$$ and maybe not your goal.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply