Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount
Quote | Reply
Anybody know where to get one in the US? I called Canyon and they said they expect them in the next month or so. Was hoping to have one before St. George though.

Or, has anybody made a custom one? 3D printed or otherwise. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [TCMiles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked at the Canyon booth at Oceanside. I talked to the sales team manager. They are getting back to me with more info, but probably a month. Same info you had.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, so I got tired of waiting. Asked a 3D printing savvy friend to help with this dilemma. Only the 2nd prototype, so we’re still tweaking the specs. But it’s very close....
Last edited by: TCMiles: Oct 18, 18 17:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am confident it will be any year now.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance you'll make the files available?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why so low?

It seems to me it would be both easier to reach and likely more aerodynamically advantageous to put it closer under the saddle. You could use essentially the same design but raise the bottle holder section so it projects close to the top of the bracket rather than near the bottom. This would also let you slide the bottle forward more thus reducing stress on the bracket and tidying it all up more - if either of those matters....
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [aaburov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aaburov wrote:
Any chance you'll make the files available?
I’m not sure on the details, but we do want this to get out to fellow Speedmax owners.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Why so low?

It seems to me it would be both easier to reach and likely more aerodynamically advantageous to put it closer under the saddle. You could use essentially the same design but raise the bottle holder section so it projects close to the top of the bracket rather than near the bottom. This would also let you slide the bottle forward more thus reducing stress on the bracket and tidying it all up more - if either of those matters....
This is absolutely being addressed in the next version. Trial and error.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TCMiles wrote:
Anybody know where to get one in the US? I called Canyon and they said they expect them in the next month or so. Was hoping to have one before St. George though.

I'm guessing it's been a long month?

I think they're readily available here in Europe - Have you US customers considered getting them via European STers? Not as applicable for you, obviously, since you seem to be well on with a solution of your own.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What material are you using for the printing process?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may want to reply directly to the poster which I quoted (TCMiles?), or they may not see your question
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
TCMiles wrote:

I'm guessing it's been a long month?

I think they're readily available here in Europe - Have you US customers considered getting them via European STers? Not as applicable for you, obviously, since you seem to be well on with a solution of your own.

Hmm, last I checked it was not available anywhere. But that’s nice to know you European STers would be willing to help us Yanks out in the future ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aaburov wrote:
What material are you using for the printing process?
We are currently using PLA for all prototyping. But I honestly think it will work just fine for the finished product as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PETG would be my recommendation based on parts I made. PLA will deform at temps you’ll see basking in sun or in a car. ABS is too brittle in my experience printing think walled items (fairing and bento boxes). PETG has been best of both. Strong, easy to print, enough give not to crack. It’s what I use for pretty much anything I print now.

Ninja flex is my next material to try for hinges and tops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is is fixed to the back of the bike/seat? Looks great btw. I'm interested to see the final product

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked into this with a colleague. Both the behind the seat and the Garmin mount. The exchange rate, VAT and shipping would result in almost 2x the cost.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, PLA will definitely deform and eventually fail.

I would use nylon.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a spook of that. It’s strength is supposed to be awesome but harder to print and absorbs lots of water. Also 4x as much I think. I haven’t seen a benefit of that over PETG.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know what the official Canyon mount is made of?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I've not used it, but perhaps should have been on jobs where I used nylon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aaburov wrote:
Does anybody know what the official Canyon mount is made of?

Unobtainium...

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:
PETG would be my recommendation based on parts I made. PLA will deform at temps you’ll see basking in sun or in a car. ABS is too brittle in my experience printing think walled items (fairing and bento boxes). PETG has been best of both. Strong, easy to print, enough give not to crack. It’s what I use for pretty much anything I print now.

Ninja flex is my next material to try for hinges and tops.
Thanks for the info. We will definitely look into this. Much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if it would be possible to create a carbon fiber version of it...
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
How is is fixed to the back of the bike/seat? Looks great btw. I'm interested to see the final product
The Speedmax has bolt bosses built into the back of the seapost. So it attaches with standard bottle cage bolts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next