Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cancer Survivors and Hemoglobin
Quote | Reply
To the cancer survivors who had chemo ( Cisplatin specifically), any of you struggle to get your hemoglobin levels back? Finished chemo and radiation over two months ago and still blood infusion dependent as hemoglobin levels keep dropping to 7 range week after transfusion. My doc’s at Mayo Clinic say quite rare hemoglobin levels don’t come back by now and want to give more time, all blood tests and bone marrow biopsy show no other abnormalities other than no red blood production. Any stories out there on this?
Quote Reply
Re: Cancer Survivors and Hemoglobin [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have they considered putting you on EPO to see if this would help stimulate the production of RBCs? I’m not a hematologist so I’m asking as much for the purpose of helping (hopefully), and learning.
Quote Reply
Re: Cancer Survivors and Hemoglobin [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EyeRunMD wrote:
Have they considered putting you on EPO to see if this would help stimulate the production of RBCs? I’m not a hematologist so I’m asking as much for the purpose of helping (hopefully), and learning.

No have lots of epo per the blood tests ready to work and have iron overload from the various blood transfusions I have had.
Quote Reply