Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you run rival axs on a rim brake TT bike?
Quote | Reply
Planning a build for an older cervelo p2 frame (2015) and I'm thinking... Why not 12speed electronic?

The plan would be to run sram rival axs dérailleurs with shimano chain, a blip box and wireless blips at the extensions and the brakes. Crank is a rotor vegast.

Brakes would be using standard profile design levers and shimano brakes.

My rear disc wheel is a hed jet with a campag freehub so 12s campag cassette would be doable.

Is this build viable?
Quote Reply
Re: Can you run rival axs on a rim brake TT bike? [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidalone wrote:
Planning a build for an older cervelo p2 frame (2015) and I'm thinking... Why not 12speed electronic?

The plan would be to run sram rival axs dérailleurs with shimano chain, a blip box and wireless blips at the extensions and the brakes. Crank is a rotor vegast.

Brakes would be using standard profile design levers and shimano brakes.

My rear disc wheel is a hed jet with a campag freehub so 12s campag cassette would be doable.

Is this build viable?

100% viable.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure can, running it on a felt ia16 rim brake bike. works perfectly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you can get away with not even using a blipbox now, as long as you have a way to do the initial sync of the rear derailleur and wireless blips.

edit: I missed the original part about running the shimano chain, etc. I don't know about all that.
Last edited by: rob_bell: Jun 21, 23 13:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would match my chainrings, cassette, jockey wheels and chain to one brand. The AXS flattop chains have a different roller size than shimano. You can use HG+ tech with shimano if you get a 12s shimano chain and cassette. The jockey wheels are probably the least important to change, but I'd just do it for consistency.

Honestly, it'll all probably work without moving everything to the same brand, but I do find my HG+ bikes shift faster than the AXS bikes. And HG+ requires chain and cassette to match. It might be cheaper to get a 105 cassette + HED HG freehub than buy a campag cassette. The shimano cassettes and chain are cheaper than campag and sram.

Also, you don't need the blipbox if you have a friend/bike shop willing to setup the bike for you. You just need to find someone with an AXS shifter/blipbox. It could even be an AXS eagle shifter.
Quote Reply