Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you get longer bolts for Shimano Ultegra cleats?
Quote | Reply
Just picked up some new road shoes for my wife. There is no way the front bolt will reach the threads. On one shoe I can't even get the bolt started with the metal insert (part of the cleat) removed.

These are Diadora shoes with a little plate built into the sole that slides around. The front set of threads for a Shimano cleat is really far from the bottom of the sole.

Any ideas?

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Can you get longer bolts for Shimano Ultegra cleats? [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just picked up some new road shoes for my wife. There is no way the front bolt will reach the threads. On one shoe I can't even get the bolt started with the metal insert (part of the cleat) removed.

These are Diadora shoes with a little plate built into the sole that slides around. The front set of threads for a Shimano cleat is really far from the bottom of the sole.

Any ideas?
Yes; I had the same issue with my Carnac road shoes. My local LBS had some longer bolts. Failing that, you could take the bolt and shoe to your local Home Despot and match it up. Start with 9/16x20?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Can you get longer bolts for Shimano Ultegra cleats? [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes ... any reputable shop, especially those that do fittings, should have a repair/bolt kit for just that reason. Shouldn't be a problem.

My Best ...

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've found longer bolts for mine from the shop (for mucho $$) - i have the same pedals, also with diadora shoes. pain in the ass.
Quote Reply