Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:
Just do this race as soon as possible and please post video...

yes!
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 126 lbs now and 5'4", but when I was 133 lbs and I was starting training I couldn't hold 9:30 for 2 miles.....
Just saying the lack of weight doesn't mean you can automatically go fast, and weight doesn't necessarily mean you are slow. Much shorter distance but I've seen someone with 50+ lbs on them outrun a stick.
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [GatorDeb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fat people are smart. They have to be, in order to get liked. Kinda like most girls are either 'cute' or "have a great personality".

The fat kid already knows he can run a 8:00 pace which is why he's engineered a plan to make you think it's your idea to do this race. Your tell-tale sign will be when he ups the bet big-time, at the 11th hour. Then you'll know he's got your ass.

I've got ten bucks on the fat kid.
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [Voice of Reason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet he (fat guy) doesn't know how fast a 5:15 mile is... times 1.5
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [Voice of Reason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed

slice of cake on the fat kid!
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [mike@wahoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you get a varsity track gf at 260? If I could have done this I probably would have stayed fat and never started running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're going to win... smart idea by making him run longer. Since you will pass him once, make sure you say something smart to get in his head when you pass.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by boilerup [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SwBkRn44 wrote:
Well I've got an update. Being that 1.25 and .75 are pretty random distances we've agreed to do 1.5 miles for me and 1 mile for him.

I am certain I can hold a 5:15 pace comfortably, so he's going to need to run a sub 8 minute mile.

Can he do it?

I think you would've won at the shorter distance as well but this one is a no-brainer.

Dude will go off running in a near sprint, gas out, and will end up walking the majority of the mile. You beat him by three minutes.

Even if he paced it smart he wouldn't beat you. A fattie isn't running a sub-8 mile.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No way will he beat you. Outside of ST, 8:30 pace, especially for .75 miles at 260 lbs., is not that easy. Sub 8:00 pace for a mile, not gonna happen.

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gtjojo189 wrote:
How did you get a varsity track gf at 260? If I could have done this I probably would have stayed fat and never started running.

When you are 260 and 38% body fat, you need master other skills out of necessity. The only problem is now I am 80lbs lighter and lost those skills. Ha!

I won't lie, fat was fun. Lots of fun.

Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call on the 1.5 miles... we still need video though ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
SwBkRn44 wrote:
Well I've got an update. Being that 1.25 and .75 are pretty random distances we've agreed to do 1.5 miles for me and 1 mile for him.

I am certain I can hold a 5:15 pace comfortably, so he's going to need to run a sub 8 minute mile.

Can he do it?

Dude will go off running in a near sprint, gas out, and will end up walking the majority of the mile. You beat him by three minutes.

Even if he isn't tanked by the 2nd lap ...

Gtjojo189 wrote:
Since you will pass him once, make sure you say something smart to get in his head when you pass.

... When you come up behind, he's gonna try to hang with you for two more laps to cross the line a tie, but that will take whatever he's got left and then some

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first x-country race in high school was only after about 3 weeks of run training ever. I was excited and nervous and took off with the gun with the rest of the crowd. Ran a 5:45 for the first mile. Finished the race around 25 or so but my first mile was bad azz, right? Never underestimate the power of adrenalin and competitiveness.

Yeah, my bet? ....... Dude is gonna smoke you ......

Last edited by: Daremo: Jun 6, 12 8:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Voice of Reason wrote:
fat people are smart. They have to be, in order to get liked. Kinda like most girls are either 'cute' or "have a great personality".

The fat kid already knows he can run a 8:00 pace which is why he's engineered a plan to make you think it's your idea to do this race. Your tell-tale sign will be when he ups the bet big-time, at the 11th hour. Then you'll know he's got your ass.

I've got ten bucks on the fat kid.

THIS IS HYSTERICAL!

My $$ on Slim&Fast. Make sure you tell DirtyFat&Slow to carbo load the night before, watch clips of Lance Armstrong winning the latest 70.3, and dont' forget to offer him a Snickers bar 5 min before the race! And definitely slap his ass when you lap him!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When is this epic race???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'7", currently 210 down from 250+. I train 6 days a week now and 8:30 is a hard Z4 interval for me today. I can hold it for 7.5 minutes so we would be close in this race.

If he is really 50 pounds more than I am, he is screwed.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In grad school I stopped running and gained 50# (33% gain) to 210# over like 5 years and I'm only 5-7 tall. Even at this most horribly out of shape I could still run 8:30 for a 5k. While I came from a running background, 1200m at 8:30 pace is not fast for a 23 year old that frequents the gym on a regular basis and is only 4-5 years out of playing HS football.
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [npage148] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I beg to differ having been fast in football. You never run a mile in football. It's a 40 yard Sprint game.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think he has a chance, smoke him
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [diviesti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you need to set it up so that you run the first 800 with bubba sparxx watching at the line....you drop the hammer with your 5 minute mile self......and he is going to explode when he joins you for the last mile. This method would require 2 stopwatches to determine the winner, though....and everybody on this forum doesn't want you to waste volunteers that should be filming this showcase for our viewing pleasure.
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowtwitch demands:

this happen soon

results posted

video posted

:D
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you may never run a mile but you are an athlete and have the associated skills
Quote Reply
Re: Can my coworker run 3/4 mile at ~8:30 pace? [jadubya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jadubya wrote:
I think you need to set it up so that you run the first 800 with bubba sparxx watching at the line....you drop the hammer with your 5 minute mile self......and he is going to explode when he joins you for the last mile. This method would require 2 stopwatches to determine the winner, though....and everybody on this forum doesn't want you to waste volunteers that should be filming this showcase for our viewing pleasure.

LOL @ bubba sparxx

maybe strap a GoPro to his head too so we can hear his expletives you smoke past him doing 75 second quarters
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading this whole thread, my money is on you. BUTTTTTT, there better be a video of this whole damn race posted!

Sponsored by: http://www.92fifty.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next