Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can Polar V800 DISPLAY stroke rate during swimming?
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I am really interested in the Polar V800. It is a great watch and I am looking to buy it.

Now the problem is, I want to use stroke rate during swimming. I know the V800 measures stroke rate. However, can it also display this during the swim? A friend of mine has the watch and is only able to display pace/time & HR. Maybe a future upgrade has fixed this, or my friend is not that handy with his watch. It seems strange it is measuring but not displaying it.

Any help is appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: Can Polar V800 DISPLAY stroke rate during swimming? [Timmetje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your friend is right. It can't.
Quote Reply
Re: Can Polar V800 DISPLAY stroke rate during swimming? [FlyingFinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can for open water swimming but not pool swimming. If you don't care about pace or distance you could use the open water profile

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Can Polar V800 DISPLAY stroke rate during swimming? [Timmetje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've enjoyed checking my stroke rate/strokes per length & Swolf during rest intervals any time I create a lap on the v800, however the new look of the lap screen doesn't show this since the recent firmware "update". The data shown for these metrics is screwy when viewing lap data post workout too, saying things like 11584/pool and 11584/min 11584 SWOLF. It gives correct data for these metrics for the entire swim, but this is an average for the entire workout and the statistics from my warmup/cooldown dilute the more pertinent information of my main set which I more interested in knowing. I am hopeful that this new bug is fixed with the next firmware update.
Quote Reply
Re: Can Polar V800 DISPLAY stroke rate during swimming? [kbd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being able to see the stroke rate after pressing lap would be fine! Unfortunately this is not possible after the update.

By the way, do you press the lap button under water? Polar states that it is 'not recommended' to press buttons under water ;(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how would you be able to see it real time during swimming???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do not hit the lap button while swimming, I use the tap feature by slapping the watch when I want to start/finish a lap.
Quote Reply