Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can I swim with road rash?
Quote | Reply
I was out on my long ride last weekend, trying to train for Honu, when I decided to stop and smell the pavement. But on the topic at hand, does anybody know if there is some way to cover up road rash so as to still be able to swim in a pool? What about duct tape?

It's a lot better to hit the ground running than hit the ground biking.

Quote Reply
Re: Can I swim with road rash? [contused] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> What about duct tape?

god help you when you go to take it off!!

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tegaderm! I went through all that about a month ago. It's great and absolutely water proof.

http://solutions.3m.com/...TegadermTransparent/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are piles of second skin type products on the market today that are ideal for this situation. It covers the wound with a waterproof seal, it prevents the cracking and streching of the scab (no scab forms under the layer) so healing is not delayed by additional problems and best of all, your healing time is cut in half because of it...

If you havn't got any yet, go out and get some... I guarentee you'll swear by it once you have used it...
Quote Reply
Re: Can I swim with road rash? [SwimBikeRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I picked some up and will try swimming tonight. I do have to overlap them so I hope that's ok. I tried using Johnson&Johnson FirstAid Advanced Care, but they start to leak out when they get too much pressure in them and water seems to make the edges peel away. I guess they didn't claim they're waterproof though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, tegaderm is great - been around forever. Make sure your skin is very dry (i.e. no sweat at all) before you put it on though as it doesn't stick well to wet skin. Once on though, it is waterproof. Also, if you can score some tincture of benzoin to place AROUND the rash, it will help it stick better still.