Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can I build FLO wheels with disc hubs?
Quote | Reply
Looking at getting a road bike with disc brakes and love my FLO 30s with White Industries hubs that I had built for me last year. Would love to get another set with disc hubs. Possible? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I build FLO wheels with disc hubs? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ask Flo. They would know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure, just build it up with disc hubs. You'll probably want to up the spoke count from your rim brake set though.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I build FLO wheels with disc hubs? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did. Sent them an email a little bit ago. Waiting on reply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent them a message about the subject about a month ago and they replied with a "yes" and "maybe go for a higher spoke count." They also mentioned that they might have disc-hub wheels in the works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Looking at getting a road bike with disc brakes and love my FLO 30s with White Industries hubs that I had built for me last year. Would love to get another set with disc hubs. Possible? Thanks.

Yes you can, and as others have mentioned, your builder may suggest a higher spoke count. We also do have our own disc brake and track wheels in the works. We have received prototypes, and are testing/photographing them now. We hope to have them available for sale in the first quarter of this year.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Can I build FLO wheels with disc hubs? [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. I'd love to get a pair of FLO 30 disc specific rims. I've loved my rim brake version with White Industries T11 hubs. The ride is insanely smooth. Will be putting the disc set on a Breadwinner LoLo that I'm about to order. Can't wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Awesome. I'd love to get a pair of FLO 30 disc specific rims. I've loved my rim brake version with White Industries T11 hubs. The ride is insanely smooth. Will be putting the disc set on a Breadwinner LoLo that I'm about to order. Can't wait.

Nice! That sounds like a great build. Happy to hear you are enjoying the wheels.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply