Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can Any TT bikes fit 32's?
Quote | Reply
Someone was asking me how large the tires on my Cervelo P2 were because he was wanting to build a gravel TT bike. He is looking for a frame that could accommodate up to 32's. Made me wonder - does anyone know of any?

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: Can Any TT bikes fit 32's? [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The front of one of the new Orbea Ordus could certainly take a 32mm if you could get a rim brake to cooperate with a tire that size. The rear probably maxes out around 28mm measured. Willier has a new disc brake TT bike that I think they actually state can take 32mm tires but it's CRAZY expensive. The geometry of the 3T Exploro can be "hacked" to be TT-ish if you size up and then slam a negative stem (still might come up short on reach). I'm genuinely curious how aero one could make that bike especially with Cannondale's knew "Knot" wheels which max out at 32mm at their widest point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be looking at an aero gravel bike, with room for tires fatter than 32s.

Like:

Last edited by: rruff: Jul 30, 18 21:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan Rapp raced Dirty Kanza this year (finished 6th) and I would guess he put a lot of thought into building up the most aero rig possible. A photo of his bike is here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjQVihoFZ1N/?hl=en . I haven't seem him post here in a while but he may still be lurking around and could provide some thoughts.

In his Instagram post did also promise a review of the bike on ST so it may be fair to nudge him for an update. Unless I missed it and someone else here can link over to the review.
Quote Reply