Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Campy bar end shifters...
Quote | Reply
Help! I am in desperate need of a pair of campy 10speed bar end shifters. I switched to Campy after using Shimano DA for several years. Don't ask why, I just wanted to try something new...

Anyhow. I have a pair of 9sp DA bar end shifters and was wondering if it's at all possible to use them on the Campy equipment. I am very tempted to try and open them up, and file off some of the metal that probably keeps it from being 10speed, but how likely is it that I succeed???
Quote Reply
Re: Campy bar end shifters... [Dudley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
switch the 9 speed shimano shifters to friction and they will work fine with ANY brand and speed. Make sure your deraileurs are set properly though as you do not want to over shift.

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Re: Campy bar end shifters... [NYCTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's what I wanted to try. can't wait to get home. strap those rubber gloves on and start wrenching...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you need the rubber gloves and the wrench, to switch the shifters to friction? :S

It takes you a second, and no tools, to do it.

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Re: Campy bar end shifters... [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I have to mount the damn thing right? besides I like the feel of rubber...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feel of rubber...that explain everything! :)))

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The friction setting on the DA set will work just fine with the Campy gears. Since you are used to indexing, it will take a short time to get used to friction, but after a while you will learn just how much to move the lever to get a very clean shift. I mostly raced last year with it this way. Oddly enough, I PR'd every race last year. I also switched to Campy mostly due to durability issues with Shimano shifters. I like the action of the Campy shifters, but really wish they had a friciton option just in case of problems.
Quote Reply