Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Campy Ergo and Shimano Front Deraileur
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Quick question....does anyone know if you could use a Campy Ergolever and a Shimano front deraileur?

Thanks,

LR
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Ergo and Shimano Front Deraileur [Lanterne rouge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes - no issues at all - hell you can even use a 15 year old Suntour Superbe Pro if you want.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't mean to hijack the thread...but what about the reverse? Can I switch from DA bar end shifters with Ultegra cranks and front deraileur to an FSA compact crank with a Campy CT front deraileur?

Any opinions on whether the Campy CT front is worth the change in terms of shifting performance?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Ergo and Shimano Front Deraileur [ajhoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you can do that swap as well - the front Der is not anywhere near as finiky as the rear - and indexing is only a matter of feel - no real benifit to it (but if you have a lower end ShimaNO STI lever you loose out on the "micro adjust" of the higher end and all Campy levers).

I can not speak the the performance of the Campy CT Der - but it it is like all the other Campy gear - it will be good, now the question is if it is that much better than that $40 some odd dollar one I have seen in Colorado Cyclist and posted on ST a week or so ago...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 10s Ergos, a 10s DA crank, and a 105 front. adjustment is slightly finicky but it works fine. I know a friend who uses 9s Ergos, a 9s Shimano front, and 9s Shimano cranks and it works fine. the reverse, most probably no problems.
Quote Reply