Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calling all those in France, camping question
Quote | Reply
Hey there, I'm going to France for 2 weeks from the 14th to the 27th. We are going to be doing a lot of camping, on Alpe Dhuez and other places. I read that the Gaz stove (which is reportedly made in France) is very popular over there and that one can buy the gas cartridges over there (as i cant take the gas on the plane). Is this true? What kind of shops can i find the gas in? I bought the stove already and just need the gas. Were landing in Paris, so i'd assume that'd be a really good place to look.

Here's the pic:

http://www.rei.com/...008000&langId=-1&

thanks for the help

jeremyb

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all those in France, camping question [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes they are. never bought one or used one but have seen tons of these in France during summer.

I think Decathlon (a major european walmart like mall except that it's everything for sport and outdoor stuff) has some.
went there when I was still in France and I am fairly sure that I have seen some.

In Paris, you have a Decathlon near the top of Avenue de Wagram, on the right hand side when you have the Arc of Triumph in your back (Av. de Wagram is one of these avenues coming down the Arc).

They also have a shop next door with everything for camping...so you should find what you need there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should be very easy to find. These stoves are indeed very popular and also very effective. In Paris, I recommend visiting Le Vieux Campeur (http://www.au-vieux-campeur.fr/gp/) if you have time. It is in the "5th arrondissement", near the Latin Neighborhood or Notre Dame. They have like 20 specialty stores around the block, for rock-climbing, running, kayacking, you name it. If you miss them in Paris, you should find them in any sport shop or even in the supermarkets in the tourist areas (i.e. where people camp a lot!)

Enjoy your trip!
Last edited by: Trirunner: Jul 1, 04 20:18
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all those in France, camping question [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you for your reply

jeremyb

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Tiolets in French camping sights. Not sure what that is all about."

Eddie Izzard acting like god hurrying to finish the Earth. Don't know why but I laughed real hard on that joke. Don't get it though.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all those in France, camping question [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like François said. If you're closer the other end of the Champs Lysées, just around the corner from Place de la Concorde there's another good Decathlon in Place de la Madelaine as well which is big and has heaps of camping stuff. Or another good store is Citadium behind the big department store Printemps, not far from Place de la Madelaine. I was in Citadium buying other stuff but I was drooling over all the cool camping gear and I haven't been camping since I was a kid.

You are going to love the Tour in the Alps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a great stove. Only thing is it can be a little unstable, most of the canister type stove are. Gaz used to sell a base that clipped to the canister to make it more stable, if you see one get it. I have dumped my dinner so many times on so many types of stoves that I consider this standard equipment.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply