Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calling all bike lovas....
Quote | Reply
I am ready to take the plunge into investing in a "real" bike...Probably tri bike, unless you have a different opinion. I have been riding a Cannondale Synapse A4 with aerobars (actually just bought it 2 months ago as an upgrade from my previous bike!)...it's ok, but I am doing well and racing elite, but feeling the equipment disadvantage...Which bikes should I look at? Is a good wheelset the most important upgrade? I know it is so personalized, but I just need a starting place. Thanks alot....
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all bike lovas.... [trislp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P.S. I am a female, 5'4", if that makes a difference...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, here is my .02...

Since body position is the largest creator of aerodynamic drag on a bike, I think you will be faster in a good, comfortable, aero position on almost any tri bike than on your Synapse with race wheels. I would find an experienced bike fitter who is familiar with elite level athletes, and let them fit you to a bike in the proper position. I wouldn't so much worry about which specific bike you end up on, as long as the fit is good.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Dan E. has written a very good article here: http://www.slowtwitch.com/...es/tribikesmall.html

Enjoy the process of finding a new bike - I love that!

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you want to spend? Carbon or aluminum?

My take- I love my Cervelo P2Sl. It's a total steal of a bike with the component set it comes with. You are more likely to have extra money left over for a nice set of wheels and have a bike you don't feel tempted to upgrade constantly than if you go with other brands.

Make sure you fit on your bike. Some companies don't make a tri-bike small enough for shorties like us.

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"lovas" - are you from Maine?!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply