Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calf Cramping
Quote | Reply
Ok after having a pleasing first season last year , i was a fool and took accidentaly about 4 months off , did nothing , started back training recently in the gym , spinning for an hour to 1.5 hrs , Pool swimming (lake not warm enough yet) got the body working and the cardio fitness back , however when i started running on the treadmill (thought i would do light interval , fast walk and run) i got a god awfull cramp in my calfs , should i expect this , or is there a way to combat this problem i stretch up and warm up before training as we all should , however i had been spinning for about 30 mins prior excercise

or is it purely because it has become and alien movement to my calfs again , and it will just get easier , (any tips)

justin

Justin
Quote Reply
Re: Calf Cramping [Dobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you did too much too soon. Here are two exercises showing how to stretch your calf muscles against a wall. I'm a big believer in the pre and post activity stretches, do stretching regularly before and after exercising.

If this still persists, and assuming it's not a medical condition, some souirces claim that a vitamin B complex or the herb ginkgo bilboa can help this condition.

http://www.orthaheel.com/stretches.html
Quote Reply