Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CT or Race wheels
Quote | Reply
If you had the $$ and were new to the sport which would be your choice? Each would be purchased used.

Thanks,

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: CT or Race wheels [SemperTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CT

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: CT or Race wheels [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you're new to the sport - get the race wheels and ride with them outside. it's fun to ride a fast bike.

don't sit in your basement watching tv while you ride until you really decide you really want to train every week all year long.
Quote Reply
Re: CT or Race wheels [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was sort of leaning this direction since I figured that my taining partner and I could both use the CT and would probably see more gains from this training vs. race wheels.

However, as was pointed out in the post above this one, riding outside sure is nice. Maybe I can try and scrape together enough $$ for both.
Quote Reply
Re: CT or Race wheels [SemperTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always buy training aids over racing aids.....race wheels will make you slightly faster - while things that make your train more/better can make you a lot faster. That being said - I'd buy a powertap/cheaper trainer before a CT. Then you can use the powertap indoors and out. i would not buy racing wheels unless you have serious disposible income. I have a CT - I have a set of race wheels. I'm planning on buying a powermeter once I can get an ergomo for a ISIS bottom bracket. I would alos only buy a CT if you live in an area where you can not ride outdoors for a big chunk of winter or other outdoor limited issues.....

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: CT or Race wheels [daveinmammoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated insight
Quote Reply
Re: CT or Race wheels [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is not "fun" to ride a fast looking bike slowly, especially outside where everyone "knows" you are a poser.

Want to be fast, work on the engine.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply