Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Build PT into current race wheel or trainer with cover?
Quote | Reply
Well I have a 85mm carbon clincher 20 spoke rear wheel. Thinking about getting power the new one in the pedal would be great..but will it be on time..

Anyway, what I am debating alot is should I lace a powertap into my current rear race wheel or sell it and just use a training wheel and a cover? I will search since I know there are alot of threads on picking a light and good rear wheel to lace it too. But what I am getting at is would it be dumb to train on my race wheel to have pwer and a good wheel or just go the other way? my race wheel with a cover would be alot faster than just a cover since will have a more aero profile like some of the disks.

any ideas or better suggestions? money is really tight but think its a great investment. so only one wheel with a PT now.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Build PT into current race wheel or trainer with cover? [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump.

Any help out there?
Quote Reply
Re: Build PT into current race wheel or trainer with cover? [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
build new wheel to be used in training without cover, and races with a cover
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sell the 85mm.

Build a bombproof PT rear trainer or buy one used.

If youre going to race with power, go to racedaywheels.com and rent zipp PT combos $185-$225.
Quote Reply
Re: Build PT into current race wheel or trainer with cover? [KEAU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for suggestions
Quote Reply