Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brooks levitate
Quote | Reply
Anyone wearing the new Brooks Levitate? Looking for some feedback.
I am currently in the Asics Nimbus 18. I hear the 19 and 20’s are worse. I don’t hate them just looking for something better.
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks levitate [kanman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I demo'd the Levitate a couple of months ago. I'm a Brooks fanboy so take the rest of my statement with that in mind.

Overall I liked the Levitate. A little heavier shoe, somewhere in the neighborhood of 11-12oz for a size 10.5, with a 8mm drop. For me this will make a good long-run shoe when the time comes. Think of it as a slightly heavier version of the Launch, that was my impression.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new Ghost is superior to the Levitate. I wanted to like it, but having also run in Boost it was a big let down from a softness standpoint.

Agree with above, the weight was also a big turn off.

kanman wrote:
Anyone wearing the new Brooks Levitate? Looking for some feedback.
I am currently in the Asics Nimbus 18. I hear the 19 and 20’s are worse. I don’t hate them just looking for something better.
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: Mar 21, 18 19:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've run in them a bit. Springy and soft without being squishy. It's EVA wrapped in TPU. I'd not put them in the same category as the Ghost. I'd put them with the Adidas Boston, Asics Noosa FF2 (not Noosa FF since the shoe is changing going to the FF2), Saucony Freedom ISO, more in the fast running category but not super lightweight trainer category.

Look instead of getting feedback with 8 opinions from 8 people go to your local running shop and try a pair on, go run up and down the sidewalk in front of the shop and you'll know if you like them.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Brooks levitate [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have about 50 miles into them and they are a decent hard surface shoe. They are on the heavy side but I like the cushion for easy and recovery runs. A decent training shoe but I wouldn't race anything important in them.
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks levitate [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I've run in them a bit. Springy and soft without being squishy. It's EVA wrapped in TPU. I'd not put them in the same category as the Ghost. I'd put them with the Adidas Boston, Asics Noosa FF2 (not Noosa FF since the shoe is changing going to the FF2), Saucony Freedom ISO, more in the fast running category but not super lightweight trainer category.

Look instead of getting feedback with 8 opinions from 8 people go to your local running shop and try a pair on, go run up and down the sidewalk in front of the shop and you'll know if you like them.

Being in the sports-EVA-boot business I've been casually looking at the construction and EVA developments rolled out over the past few years. I would imagine that the foam chemistry has to be huge for shoe feel/response.

I am not a run expert but my old-school Brooks have been my favorite, just updated to Ghost 10's last night. No Levitates to try up here :(. Instead of using a TPU for expansion control a thin strip of carbon fiber would be 2x lighter but $$.

I have Adidas Boost great shoe just a little steep for me, for daily use. I would also say borderline in the stability department with my lower leg issues.

I had my old Nike's on the other day omg that Lunar foam is so "flat" or dead - probably gone off with age too. Headed for the trash!

Having said that I bought my daughter some Nike Epic Reacts this week - reviews look good on them we'll see how she likes them. I think Nike is trying to chase the Boost with that if I am not mistaken.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update - Bought the Levitates to replace Asics Nimbus.
The shoe is very comfortable a little different feel as it is a one piece foam sole. Overall I like these and will not be wearing the Nimbus anymore.
Quote Reply