Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Broken armrest. Replace or can I upgrade?
Quote | Reply
This season I bought my first tri bike. A Fuji norcom straight 2.3. It came with oval concepts 750 basebar and extensions.

I cracked one of the arm pads and I’m wondering if I should look for a direct replacement or if this is something I can upgrade. The red line on the picture is where it’s cracked. Here’s the problem, I’m 3 weeks out from my first 70.3. I’m pretty comfortable in my position right now.

I’m not a fan of the current arm pads, but I don’t know if I should risk a change this close to a race.

Are the brackets to attach to the aero bar a standard size, or is this something that’s brand specific.

I’m torn between these three options.
1. Direct replacement, just get through the race. Then worry about making a change later.
2. Upgrade the arm pads.
3. Upgrade the entire cockpit now.

I think number 1 might be the play for now since I’m not really nuts about my bar extensions either. I don’t really have the money to make a major upgrade right now, so maybe I’ll just wait till the “off season”
Last edited by: jonp9576: Aug 8, 18 7:41
Quote Reply
Re: Broken armrest. Replace or can I upgrade? [jonp9576] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had this same scenario happen to me a few weeks ago. 1 week out from my local race and arm rest cracked. I went to my LBS immediately and ordered a new pair. I wouldn’t change messing with things this close to your race. Especially with it being a 70.3. Mine was an Olympic and I wasn’t chancing it. If you’re comfortable and it works for now. Keep it the same. Possibly upgrade after or over the winter months. My arm rests came to 17$ for both so didn’t brake the bank and kept my position in the bike the same.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Quinner
Quote Reply
Re: Broken armrest. Replace or can I upgrade? [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I knew the right answer. I just needed to hear it from someone else. If I can get this fixed cheap for now, I can start saving for a nice bar setup for next year.
Quote Reply