Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Breakfast with Bob
Quote | Reply
Did he take some media training this past season? His episodes this week in Kona have probably been his best. Great content, letting the athletes really speak. A bit more prepared than in the past.

Overall the media content for Kona this year has been very good.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob [sperris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, i dont know if it was just recent or more after covid, but he shifted from celebrating flattery to talking with good questions....great honest series each time

I like that when a dark horse breaks through you can find interviews in the archives to find out more about the athlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sperris wrote:
I completely agree. Some folks on here were wondering where the hype for Kona was a couple weeks ago and I think this week has really brought the hype. I’m stoked for the ladies to put on a show tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sperris wrote:
Did he take some media training this past season? His episodes this week in Kona have probably been his best. Great content, letting the athletes really speak. A bit more prepared than in the past.

<pink or not> you can thank Jack Kelly for that <pink or not> 😁
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking hes been going downhill a bit. In the Radka interview he got several embarrassing facts wrong.

"Welcome the 2x Olympian!"
"I did it once"

"You did the Commonwealth Games"
"I can't because I'm Czech"

That on top of "that's so cool" and moving on to the next question instead of asking a thoughtful followup or at least addressing something substantial that was just mentioned. Reminds me of Larry King towards his last years.

But I won't stop watching BoB because he does get all the best guests and gets more of their time than other interviewers.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
I was thinking hes been going downhill a bit. In the Radka interview:
"You did the Commonwealth Games"
"I can't because I'm Czech"
On the nationality point (though not in time for Birmingham 2022 and not disputing Bob's confused error) Radka (now an Australian citizen) has said (aiui) she'd like to be identified as racing for Australia (but nevertheless listed as CZE in the Kona start list).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sperris wrote:

The last few years have been a big step up IMO. But to be clear I'm a huge Bob fan, so definitely not objective.

But as the objectively worst pro on the planet right now, my main goal is to get good/lucky enough for him to interview me one day and ask "how are you here again..?"

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bob is awesome!!
Great to see my old Ultra-mate Cory Foulk on his show the other day. Dude is such a character.

Quote Reply