Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Breakfast of champions.
Quote | Reply
Not only a brilliant book but very important for performance and health. So when you are squeezed for time what do you swallow in the morning?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast of champions. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I have 1min: Boost (or no-name like products, heck I *am* cheap).

If I have 5min: + coffee.

If I have 10min: big ass bowl of bran flakes (mmmm) +coffee or yogurtw/fruit&granola + coffee.

If I have 11+ min: Breakfree omlette with cheese & veg; w/w toast, maybe with PBJ + coffee.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: May 28, 05 11:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some days - An omelette, vegetable salad, smoked salmon, orange juice and whole wheat bread. A glass of orange juice and an illy double espresso.

On Other days, oats, barley, fruits, and an illy double espresso and mineral water.

When on a business trip in England (approximately once a month) a full British breakfast – beans, mushrooms, bacon, sausages, black pudding, tomatoes, and a few other things. I always regret it afterwards, and during long meeting have to control my rectal movements.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Tibbs,

Ah, pre ride: Grande black Americano, 1 Red Bull.

Post ride: Fruit bowl, bagel w/butter, medium coffee, orange juice, 1 liter of water.

Usually we have something like subway or hamburgers for lunch.

That's all I eat in a day.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast of champions. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not too much food for a day! 2 meals with 2 serivings of caffeine. Going from lunch till the following day's post ride puts what 16-20 hours between feedings with calories. That seems like virtual starvation.

Also protein only once per day?
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast of champions. [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe he has 4 subs or 6 burgers... Maybe his lunch is a 2hr feeding frenzy... maybe he singlehandledly employs some highschool kid at each of those locations by the volume of food he buys and consumes...

:P

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast of champions. [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point he did not specify the length of the feeding or the duration. Subs and burgers are definitely plural. Get me a sack of burgers and I can nurse them all afternoon and call it a meal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really big bowl of half shredded wheat, half Muselix. Or, natural peanut butter and jelly on Arnold's HealthNut Bread. And coffee, and three Glucosamine Sulfate/Chondroitin tablets, and a children's multivitamin. IF I am fighting some Upper respiratory infection thing, I'll also take an Echinacea capsule with a zinc tablet.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast of champions. [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1st breakfast: steelcut oats and fruit, 2cups of coffee. Or 1 piece whole grain toast with some natural cunchy peanut butter, and 2 cups of coffee.

2nd breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with beans onions tomatoes and peppers, 2 cups of coffee. Or 2 fried eggs with homemade salsa, 2 cups of coffee. Or 2 eggs scrambled with tortillas and onions, 2 cups of coffee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Non-fat yogurt mixed with fruit or non-fat cottage cheese and fruit.

Or, egg on toast. Lots of coffee always.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cappiccino( But espresso machine is current in the shop. . boo-hoo!) or Dark Roast drip coffee

Whole wheat toast with peanut butter + Jam

Fruit smoothy including, one banana, blue-berries, strawberries and 1% yogurt

This keeps me going to morning snack which is typically an apple that I take with me to the office or out on the road if driving to a client meeting.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big FO bowl of cereal and a pro-biotic yoghurt.

Weekends, porridge and bagel with PBJ 1/2 hour before riding.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast of champions. [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Non-fat yogurt mixed with fruit or non-fat cottage cheese and fruit.

Or, egg on toast. Lots of coffee always.
Cathy... gettin' lean for Kona! Get 'em girl!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"That's not too much food for a day!"

That's retail, baby! It can be go, go go all day and then you realize at 6:oo pm - Gee, I have not had anything to eat since 9:00 this morning!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast of champions. [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. I have had very busy days in the fitness industry. I have had days with 10 appointments from 6 am to 4 pm and not have chance to eat because I am busy, however at the end of the workday I EAT! In Tom's post he said that he does not eat after his mid-daysandwich or burger. I do not think that I could eat at some point early afternoon and not eat until AFTER I work out the next day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't eat much. I've always had a weight problem. The BFA just brought me an orange and some animal crackers.

I eat the camels first, and the elephants last.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
some animal crackers.

I thought Shirley said they went in your soup!

Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast of champions. [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's huge.

Shirley may have said that, but the BFA just puts them on my desk.

Actually, somewhat related to this thread and the comment about how little I eat:

When she and I first started going out she was like, "You never eat!". Apparently Brazilian women are always trying to make their men fat.

She makes all this food and puts it in these containers and brings it up here. I'm like, "Girl, I am never going to eat that..." But she is pretty adament.

So, it sits here and sits here and sits here and slowly morphs into a part of Saddam's former biological weapons development program.

Then today she comes in and sees it.

"You never ate this!!!"

I said to her, "Ahh, I told you that three weeks ago."

Anyway, it was bogue.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The BFA just brought me an orange and some animal crackers.
Pardon my ignorance, What is BFA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget Tom ( and remember this comes from a fellow "fat kid") you have to eat enough to make the metabolism turn over, otherwise the fat gets stored and the muscle is eaten!

Are animal crackers savoury or sweet?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brazilian Flight Attendant.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast of champions. [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our version are sweet.

And by the way, last night prompted a reconnaisance mission to the Mexican place we went to when you were in town. Much better in the summer. New waitresses. Five stars.

Also, we do a ride through there called "El Supermercado". Mario said it was like "Being in a video game"

It is totally insane. you are tearing through this latin-american (Mexican-American actually) neighborhood six inches from cars at 28 mph while the whole thing is just going nuts around you. Ever see the ambush scene in "Clear and Present Danger"? It feels like that.

Super cool.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that is spooky 'cos I had raved about the food there some time ago and today Bryce said that he wanted to eat Mexican when we are over, but I explained it was out of town.

"Clear and present?" I do recall that scene, that's kind of a scary thought!

If you make these shores before I become Canadian I have a great 30 miler that will have you reaching for a camera at the forest and deer and other beautiful flora and fauna. Oh, and some HILLS!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I'm riding or swimming at 6:00 AM, either a whole wheat bagel with natural peanut butter spread in between. Then, when I get to work, coffee and a cliff bar. Otherwise, usually a bowl of Strawberry Special K, sometimes with extra fruit I add, like banana slices or frozen berries that thaw enough with the Silk Vanilla Soy Milk I pour on generously.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next