Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boy this is a shocker [NOT] Rumsas fails "B" Test
Quote | Reply
I say a long ban is in order, damn cheater and A1 Dumbass

from CyclingNews

Lithuanian cyclist Raimondas Rumsas has been confirmed to have tested positive for EPO during the Giro d'Italia. The results of the counter analysis were identical to the first test, which was performed on a sample taken on May 16. "The second test proves Raimondas had taken erythropoietin, also known as EPO. This is very sad," said Rima Berloviene, a spokeswoman for the Lithuanian Sports Federation to AP.

Rumsas has yet to be sanctioned, but he could be facing a long penalty unless he can prove his innocence. After the first positive test, Rumsas stated that if the counter-analysis was also positive, "I would suspect my doctors...Everyone knows that I am under special observation. How then could I take EPO after what happened at last year's Tour de France?"

Rumsas finished third in the Tour de France last year, but on the last day his wife Edita was arrested under suspicion of carrying doping substances in her car. She was jailed for two months before eventually being released. Rumsas always denied taking banned substances, and said the products in his Edita's car were for his mother-in-law.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Boy this is a shocker [NOT] Rumsas fails "B" Test [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once again you beat me to the punch, Eric. You said it. Nuff said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The poor guy. His doctors nailed him and the UCI is gonna throw the book at him. Why can't people just accept that systemic conspiracies are a common fact of life? This is just another case if a truly stand-up guy being targeted to have his life ruined by the entire establishment of the very community he was trying to be a part of and give back to. Why are people so ruthless as to target, frame, and coverup the truth about this gifted athlete and noble person?
Quote Reply
Re: Boy this is a shocker [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd really like to see the video of you trying to keep a straight face while typing that last post :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Boy this is a shocker [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with Pooks. It is obvious that his mother in law has set him up. She must have injected him while he slept. He was so tired from racing the Giro that he didn't even wake up. This is obviously a frame perpetrated by the capitalist pigs to have their sham athlete again win the tour.
Quote Reply
Re: Boy this is a shocker [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no, I can hear it now!! Rumsas giving a reprise performance of the infamous Mayor Marion Barry line, "G*d d*mn B**ch set me up. G*d d*mn b**ch..."
Quote Reply
Clearly these character assasinations are nothing [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but an attempt to discredit an innocent bystander targeted by the Lithuanian media due to his out-spokenness on the use of performance enhancing substances by former eastern block countries.........

On the other hand he could just be a cheat.............
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't anyone know that increased EPO levels are part of living in the Nowaherian mountains in Lithuania (100,000 feet above sea level)? It also comes from eating the Kevlariocarbonia Wildebeast that is indiginous to the Nowaherian mountains, which is fed by the Serengetti. The skin makes wonderful bullet-proof vests and coveted sporting goods, along with bicycle frames and racing cars...

Okay, I don't believe that story, either. It's that damned mother-in-law up to her ol' tricks again. She just doesn't want her daughter married to that guy. She did not win the Tour de France as a man and will not have any of her sons-in-laws showing her up. It's the green envious jealousy monster rearing it's old, ugly head again. We need to come up with a medication to prevent the jealousy trait from turning into obsession!!!!!

Poor little Raimondas Rumsas, he's always SUCH the victim.
Quote Reply
Re: Boy this is a shocker [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clue from Captain Obvious:

They are ALL on something...yes camper, even Lance. Is it really fair that for most of the tour the riders are fed all they need from a needle in their arm at dinner time? Thirsty? Hell we can rehydrate you with an IV!

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Boy this is a shocker [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The way team doctors and soigneurs see rules: go the the very edge of breaking them. Pro sports seem to be the testing grounds, body builders being the utmost frontier. It seems that the only ones who are "clean" are the ones who are using more advanced methods to mask, or drugs not even thought of for ergogenic purposes. But even with the fact that they get IV fluids, massage, e-stim, and the best possible care and nutrition while training extremely hard, they have advantages that none of us will ever have. They are watched like a hawk medically to make sure the sponsor's investment does not go south.

The one reason why doping will probably not become a huge problem in multisport: MONEY. Most multisporters don't even get the proper physiotherapy that they need (funds), let alone money to live on while being pro. Even the proper "clean" protocol for nutrition and other things cost many, many dollars or pounds per year.

Are they "juiced"? Compared to the everyman/woman athlete, yes. But when the greatest performances are required from the athletes every day, the athlete needs the utmost of medical attention and that could include very advanced methods to rehydrate and recover.
Quote Reply