Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bottom Bracket tool help
Quote | Reply
Hey all - recently got a new bike with a BB-R9100 bottom bracket. What tool is compatible? I was told the BBT-9 would fit but when I look at the dimension of the bottom bracket (68mm) and compare it to the tool compatibility (44mm), something seems off. Furthermore, when i look at BBT-49.2, it appears to list this BB-R9100 as compatible, but thats for 39mm OD cups. So I am confused and looking for some clarity. TIA!
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket tool help [airhol2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
airhol2 wrote:
Hey all - recently got a new bike with a BB-R9100 bottom bracket. What tool is compatible? I was told the BBT-9 would fit but when I look at the dimension of the bottom bracket (68mm) and compare it to the tool compatibility (44mm), something seems off. Furthermore, when i look at BBT-49.2, it appears to list this BB-R9100 as compatible, but thats for 39mm OD cups. So I am confused and looking for some clarity. TIA!

68mm refers to width of the BB shell (from DS to NDS) on your bike. Has nothing to do with diameter.

BBT-9 will work on the BSA (aka English threaded) BB-R9100
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket tool help [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What he said.
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket tool help [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it won't work without an adaptor.
The Durace uses a much smaller tool.
You need a BBT49

https://www.parktool.com/...6%20Bottom%20Bracket
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket tool help [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somehow I came across an adapter for my BBT-9 that fits Shimano bottom brackets.

Shimano TL-FC24 Bottom Bracket tool adaptor
I'm thinking it came with a bottom bracket I ordered
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket tool help [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
Somehow I came across an adapter for my BBT-9 that fits Shimano bottom brackets.

Shimano TL-FC24 Bottom Bracket tool adaptor
I'm thinking it came with a bottom bracket I ordered

Yep, both Durace and Ultegra ship with an adaptor in the box.
These are different to each other, Durace being the smaller of the two.
They are Ok to use when fitting but the plastic quickly rounds out if you try to remove one that is a little tight.
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket tool help [airhol2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
airhol2 wrote:
Btw, I just got around to measuring the OD of my BSA BB cups, and they are more or less at 44 mm. The tool that I use is Park BBT-19, since replaced by the BBT-19.2, intended for BB with OD of ~44 mm.

I use the BBT-19 b/c I can get more leverage (via socket wrench or a spanner), but the BBT-9 should work as well.
Quote Reply