Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Boston 2012 [noahman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This made me snort out my morning coffee. It was yesterday when I could go down stairs OK. My left calf (the one that seized up on me) is still a bit sore, but otherwise I'm doing pretty damn well. Going to hit the pool this morning to try and start building the fitness back up. Have Rev3 Quassy on the brain in 7 weeks. All things considered, a half is going to feel epicly short compared to Boston this year.

Another quick point: I would definitely say an open marathon is approximately 18 times harder than running in a tri. Rough estimate. But mentally and physically, I think the open marathon is way more difficult. By the time you reach the run in a tri, you're already suffering, and you're in the pain mitigation zone. You've already mentally in that neck of the woods, being OK to suffer a bit more, etc. With a marathon, you ride that full wave of emotion in a compressed period of time. I think it's easier to justify to yourself backing off during an open marathon because you haven't had to experience the pain of the previous two sports. So when something goes, it gets magnified.

Hope that makes some kind of sense to people...

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Boston 2012 [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since crossing the finish Monday, my recovery has been eating strictly junk food, drinking beer, and sleeping more. It's gone fabulously and I feel great. Planning a mid distance easy run this morning before I go in for LASIK surgery this afternoon and can't run for a week afterward. But going to ramp back up in short order to run San Diego on 6/3.
Quote Reply
Re: Boston 2012 [knobjob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was hoping for a mid 2:50's time, but wound up at 3:12. This was my only planned marathon of the year, and I was hoping for a BQ for 2013. I'm actually toying with the idea of the Providence Marathon, which is in two weeks. My legs are feeling much better, but I also have a 70.3 at the end of June, where I was hoping to qualify for Vegas.

Congrats to all that persevered under warm conditions - the average time this year was 28 minutes slower than 2011!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Boston 2012 [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Better late than never right?...Here are some pictures from this year's race taken on the first of the Newton Hills, around mile 18.

Leading women still together:

Kisorio & Matebo leading the charge for the men:

Mutai running close behind in third:

Eventual winner...Wesley Korir

Jason Hartman, seemingly well back at this point but pacing wisely

Members of Team Hoyt

Rounding the corner at the Newton Fire Station, mile 17.5, the start of the Newton Hills.

Quote Reply

Prev Next