Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it?
Quote | Reply
Shoe looks pretty aero, with the dial behind the heel. How easy are they to put on after a flying mount? Anyone test them in a wind tunnel?
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it? [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at these as well. Dial has perfect location and Bontrager typically have decent width in forefoot.
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve been using them for the past 4-5 months and love them. I switched from the Giro Empires which had too small of a toebox for me and caused a lot of pain on long rides.

The boa is easy to use on the back and the opening is wide enough that I haven’t had any issues getting my feet in after a flying mount. The tongue also stays up well enough not to get in the way either. The toebox is generous along with the padding/cushioning. They are pretty similar in build to some other Bontrager shoes.

I technically tested with them on for my STAC Virtual Wind Tunnel scan, but didn’t look to make any changes in that area. They look clean with nothing dangling or sticking out which is good enough for me.

Adam Feigh
Pianko Law, Speed Hound, Castelli, Sailfish, Base
Feighathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it? [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m interested as well; seems like a nice, clean alternative to the Giro Empire hack. I’ve had a good experience with the XXX as my “road” shoe, and can hope the fit and quality translates to the Ballista.

Alternatively, curious to see whether Scott releases the prototype Sebastian Kinele revealed at Kona. IIRC, he hinted at some surprising aero gains in the tunnel from that shoe.

Whether or not the gains are real, we should all agree the shoes would complement a clean and sexy kit.

Scott

Last edited by: GreatScott: Jan 1, 19 16:10
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone with these shoes care to update how they like them so far?
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it? [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 bump
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it? [Feighathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where can these be found?
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any Trek Dealer
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I meant the Scott shoes not the Bontrager Ballista
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Sorry I meant the Scott shoes not the Bontrager Ballista

Not released yet, looks to be a 2020 release, if they release it. If you like this design take a look at the new fizik transiro R1 or R3. Very nice shoes. So much better then the old fizik’s.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it? [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the Ballista for a few months now but with the cold in Canada they have only been used for trainer rides so I'm not sure how easy they will be to get on while riding the bike.

I think they are a great shoe for triathlon and probably pretty aero. I don't know if I would use them as a pure road shoe though. I think I have pretty average width and height feet for their length and I find after a bit of riding I would like to get them a bit tighter, and I wonder if I had to really sprint in them if my foot would move around. For comparison I have a pair of Bontrager Velocis in the same size and while that shoe is a bigger last and feels bigger when I put it on I can tighten in tighter than I can with the Ballista.
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager ballista road shoe. Anyone using it? [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My LBS ordered me a pair. I have about 5 hours in them on the trainer. I have noticed the loose feeling you are talking about.

I have always put a Dr Scholl insert under the bike shoe insert of my biking shoes because I like a snug fit. I have done the same with my Ballista and it is tight now. I like the toe box very tight and this does the trick.

I was on a 2 hour training ride this morning and about every 1/2 hour, I would put a couple turns on the boa. I believe that after the shoes break in, they will snug down more in the beginning making for less adjustment during a ride.

Good thing is I can ride them for a month and return them and go with another shoe if I want. Right now I’m leaning towards keeping them.
Quote Reply