Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boca Raton Cycling
Quote | Reply
I have a work conference next week and spending a few nights in Boca Raton - right on the water. I’m considering renting a bike and doing a couple rides (30-50miles?) early in the AM before work

Strava suggests going north, or south, along A1A

1) anyone ridden this road and is it safe on bike (particularly in the dark / morning) ?
2) anywhere else to ride?
3) suggestions where I can rent up a road bike for a couple days?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Boca Raton Cycling [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A1A by Boca is totally fine. I would suggest going North up towards Palm Beach. Great route!

Definietly have lights on, but overall it's pretty safe.
Quote Reply
Re: Boca Raton Cycling [racz_rides] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I get 60ish miles in along that route ?

I called a few shops in the area and none do road bike rentals - so looks like I’ll be flying w my bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
boca to palm beach is probably 45ish. you could always add some going south before or after.

Call LC Tri Shop. they’re in west palm but might have roadie rentals
Quote Reply
Re: Boca Raton Cycling [racz_rides] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A1A is really your only option. I haven’t been as far down south to Boca but I would recommend riding north towards to the north end of Palm Beach Island. You will see lots of cyclist. Car traffic starts to pick up around 9 am so early morning is better.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Palmetto Park Road (a popular starting spot in Boca Raton along A1A with free parking) north to Palm Beach Inlet turnaround and back is 59 miles and change, approximately a 3 hour flat ride along the ocean. It's a popular weekend morning route.

As a S FL native, A!A is the only place to ride.

Bike rentals is a hard one. Have you tried calling Boca Bike Shop or Jim's Bicycles in neighboring Deerfield Beach?
Quote Reply
Re: Boca Raton Cycling [SouthFLSBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called 4 shops y’day and none had rentals. I’ll just fly w my bike, not a huge issue

Thanks for Route tips - I’ll do a1a like you suggested
Quote Reply