Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blummenfelt is planning to race 70.3 worlds
Quote | Reply
According to Blummenfelt on his Instagram, he is planning to race 70.3 worlds.

It is always fun when the best athletes are racing :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt is planning to race 70.3 worlds [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that race late Nov or Dec? Makes for one hell of a long year if you start with March Abu Dhabi WTS.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt is planning to race 70.3 worlds [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he is the king of suffer... he can do it!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah race is Dec 8. Although looked like the Norwegians had a few weeks off before they started the build for the 70.3. Will be fun to see the Norwegian train in that race for sure though. Too lazy to check but hope that's got live coverage

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Is that race late Nov or Dec? Makes for one hell of a long year if you start with March Abu Dhabi WTS.

Yeah, but for these guys the base training is very similar to 70.3 training with tons of threshold and strength stuff.

So they can have a fortnight of easy training after the itu season and then start their base work and it will set them up nice for a late year 70.3.
Or to put it the other way round: the 70.3 build up is a good starting point for 2020.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt is planning to race 70.3 worlds [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChasingPB wrote:
Yeah race is Dec 8. Although looked like the Norwegians had a few weeks off before they started the build for the 70.3. Will be fun to see the Norwegian train in that race for sure though. Too lazy to check but hope that's got live coverage

Here you have the starting list
http://eu.ironman.com/~/media/118728ff96a24da5a599d97334384451/pro%20startlist%20im%20703%20bh%202018.pdf

It is going to be fun to watch Blummenfelt, Iden and Stornes going for it.
Iden won Haugesund 70.3 two years ago with a strong time.

Now we only miss Mola and Murray. But I guess I cannot get everything I want for Christmas.
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt is planning to race 70.3 worlds [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait your saying he’s going to take his “off season” middle sept break and base build for 70.3 worlds?

That’s an interesting strategy with what will mr less than year from Olympics.

ETA: so the point more that an dec race is going to change things a lot vs the regularly scheduled early sept race time it’s been for what. 20 years. Most importantly it’s within an year of Tokyo and in the Olympic year.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Nov 21, 18 12:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I enjoy watching him race in Super League. He definitely seems to go full gas all of the time. Would’ve been cool to have him at 70.3 worlds in South Africa this past year

I wonder if he’ll be riding the new disc brake Shiv. And if so, I wonder if he can get someone to adjust/clean them so it doesn’t sound like the end of the world every time he brakes

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bahrain or 70.3 Worlds?

His Instagram says Bahrain.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gonna be really fun to see how it plays out, hoping both Blu and Iden have great races. Seems they are both going for a crazy fast run!
Also it's Terrenzo's first race back, so am rooting for him as well!

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt is planning to race 70.3 worlds [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
Bahrain or 70.3 Worlds?

His Instagram says Bahrain.

He's racing Bahrain but planning on qualifying for Nice next year. He got asked on Instagram

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt is planning to race 70.3 worlds [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Gonna be really fun to see how it plays out, hoping both Blu and Iden have great races. Seems they are both going for a crazy fast run!
Also it's Terrenzo's first race back, so am rooting for him as well!

Look out for all of the Norwegians, I say! :) Remember Stornes also won Bahamas this year, so he is no slouch either. All 3 of them are really strong on the bike, and unless Terrenzo is back in peak shape expect the Norwegians to have a sizable gap going into the run! I predict the Norwegians will bash it out so hard on the bike (they wont be playing any team-tactics!) that their running-legs will be a bit jiggly:)
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt is planning to race 70.3 worlds [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah there is always magic happening in Bergen! If you go by IG it seems both Blu and Iden har looking for runs around 1:07, but I agree that they will likely hammer the bike. Not sure if Ironman is showing the race but I hope so!

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt is planning to race 70.3 worlds [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 Norwegians, cant wait for some team tactics ;)

But a really strong field for bahrain, and as current a 3/1 spot ratio for the men.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=3&theater

From photos taken on the Shanghai Triathlon, I found its TT position not very aero.

Apparantly he is now working for it.

Still, I think he look a bit compressed horizontally. A bit like Lionel Sanders previously.

Probably more reach will help, as well as a larger bike frame ?
Last edited by: Pyrenean Wolf: Nov 22, 18 5:32
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt is planning to race 70.3 worlds [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Yeah there is always magic happening in Bergen! If you go by IG it seems both Blu and Iden har looking for runs around 1:07, but I agree that they will likely hammer the bike. Not sure if Ironman is showing the race but I hope so!

I am sure they will try to get under 2h for the bike leg.

It will be fun.
Quote Reply