Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bjorn Andersson competes at NXTRI
Quote | Reply
I just read the news that Bjorn Andersson is racing this year at the Norseman Xtreme Triathlon in august (http://www.nxtri.com/).

Here an article in German: http://www.tri2b.de/...-,e_13241,r_2331.htm
and here in english: http://www.xtri.com/headline-v.asp?offset=0

a friend of mine is competing too and asked me to be his supporter - so if I can get some days off from work, then it will probably be a nice trip up there to watch the race
Last edited by: flomauer: Mar 23, 05 15:36
Quote Reply
Re: Bjorn Andersson competes at NXTRI [flomauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(This post was edited by flomauer on Mar 23, 2005, 11:59 AM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That should set up a good race with Rune Hoydal, I did the event last year...oh man it was hell, but the view from the top of the Hardangarvidda Plateau on the bike and from the mountain top finish was absolutely amazing

Trizilla...My local bike shop a few thousand Ks away

Speed Hurts ...How fast do you want to go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No service stations during the bike leg:
This is due to the very limited parking capacity during this part of the race. The roads are small and narrow and cannot have many support cars parked side by side at the same time. The competitors will receive boxes with the necessary supplies.

This is from the race website. Can anyone elaborate more. Interesting approach.
Quote Reply
Re: Bjorn Andersson competes at NXTRI [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Basically you rely on your support person to assist you with aid, no service etc provided by the race, the roads are narrow and exposed, the first 40 KM are basically all up hill, I used a compact chainset and a 12-27 which during the first 25km I wished I had something else to bail out on, the initial bit is a disused mountain track, photos on the web site, some fast downhills, in excess of 50mph.

The run is flat for the first 20 odd k but then goes up and up and up and up until the last 4.5km are on a mountain path, the view from the mountain path on a good day really is spectacular, but hell it is cold at the top.

Oh the swim, they take you 2.4 miles out into a Fjord and you jump off a boat to start , and boy its cold, so much so that by goggles were steaming up due to the heat being generated inside the goggles compared to the cold of the water, had a friend who refused to swim in the Fjord before the race as it was soooooo cold, he said 'race day is enough'

Trizilla...My local bike shop a few thousand Ks away

Speed Hurts ...How fast do you want to go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The question is why ? Does he fancy a change of style or fancy some fun (?). If he's online it would be interestingto know if this is true and why he chose this particular race. Does he already have his 05 Kona slot ?
Quote Reply