Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BillT... Did you get that Wheeler Ti yet?
Quote | Reply
I'm on the verge of ordering one and looking for opinions :)
Quote Reply
Re: BillT... Did you get that Wheeler Ti yet? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got it last night. (Wednesday) The frame looks nice, but I haven't ridden it yet. Although the pickture on the Chucksbikes.com website is an unpainted frame, mine is painted red. (It looks fast, at least.) The welds look fine and I couldn't find any problems with the frame. I actually bought the titanium as a substitute since Chuck didn't have an aluminum frame in my size but after seeing it I'm glad I sprang for a few more bucks.

I bought it built up with 105 components. I put it together last night and everything fits where it should. No banging, bending or misalingments. The only problem is that I'm missing the bottom bracket cable guide so I couldn't hook up the derailleurs and take a test ride. My kids immediately built a "castle" out of the packing materials so the guide may have gotten thrown away with all of that.

I was a little nervous buying a bike over the Internet, but Chuck did everything he said he'd do. Overall, I feel like I got what I paid for - a good deal on a triathlon specific bike that will let me see how I like the different geometry. I have an appointment at the LBS for a fitting so we'll see how it goes.
Quote Reply
Re: BillT... Did you get that Wheeler Ti yet? [BillT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info Bill. I may be pulling the trigger on one soon if they have my size.
Quote Reply
Re: BillT... Did you get that Wheeler Ti yet? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never heard of Wheeler and wasn't able to find any info on the company. What can you tell me about Wheeler. If their quality is any good (and the fit is right) it sounds too good of a deal to pass up.
Quote Reply
Re: BillT... Did you get that Wheeler Ti yet? [mhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wheeler is Taiwanese; surprise! Not that I really mind. Here is their website: http://www.wheelerworldwide.com/ although it has 2002 written everywhere and they don't have any triathlon bikes.

Chuck is all right, isn't he?

stacy hills
reston, va

Re: BillT... Did you get that Wheeler Ti yet? [stacy hills] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was a little leery of a titanium frame that cheap so I asked about them. According to Chuck, Wheeler got out of the Tri-bike business and these are frames they've had left over for quite a while. I guess that's why it has the threaded fork, etc.

Search the archives if you can. I remember someone who sounded faily knowledgeable had more information on the Wheeler road bikes and the company.

I don't want to overstate anything. This is not a plug for him. All I can tell you is that my particular transaction went well. I will probably buy from him again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've also had several good experiences with Chuck. Now you guys have me thinking about that Wheeler tri frame! Painted red, eh? Current Wheeler decals or just a nice red paint job?

Stacy, are you in the Tri-RATS group?

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Re: BillT... Did you get that Wheeler Ti yet? [chris in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plug for Chuck: I've bought lots of stuff from him and he has always been straight up and prompt.

Complaint for Chuck: He doesn't keep his web page up to date so I've been shut out more times than I'd like. If you see something you like then you'd better act on it quickly because it is hard to say how long he'll have them.

Tri-RATS (local triathlon club): No, I've got a wife and kids so I don't have any time for triathlon club workouts. I pretty much just fly solo and squeeze my workouts in when I can. However, I do know some of the people in tri-RATS and I may try to join them now and again for open water swims (don't want to do those alone).

Quote | Reply
Understand that, I also have the same domestic agenda. Some of the local clubs (DC, Reston, Columbia and Baltimore) where looking at putting together a series of races in the area. Also for the No VA area, there is a QR/Lightspeed sponsored "Road Show" in Falls Church. One big thing that interested me from all of the FIST stuff lately is they will be doing FREE fittings. Here's the details. Hope this doesn't break any rules in this site, but.....

Don't miss the 6th Annual Quintana Roo/Litespeed Triathlon Road Show
at:
Bonzai Sports
2826 Fallfax Dr. Falls Church Va. 22042
Saturday March 8th 10:00am - 6:00pm
http://www.tribonzai.com

This is the biggest Triathlon Show on the east cost
No Cost to attend
Free Seminars
Free Professional bike fittings, a $120.00 value

All Triathlon Gear on Sale including - bikes, wetsuits, race wheels,
aero
bars, shoes & pedals

Triathlon Bicycles from:
Litespeed - Quintana Roo - Softride - Cervelo - Felt - Guru - Colnago -
Kestrel

All 2003 models on sale
Close outs on 2002 bikes and wetsuits

Come visit with the factory representatives including:
Xterra Wetsuits - Zipp - Shimano - Look - Sidi - Giro - Bell -Hammer
Gel
Nutrition

Check the website for details on the Road Show and the free seminars
http://www.tribonzai.com
Check website for map and directions to the store

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply