Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bikes for smaller athletes
Quote | Reply
Greetings to all the users. I am a smaller athlete in the market for a new bike. I am trying to find a bike, that is just suited for smaller riders, or one that will fit better. I am 5'6, 28" inseam, if that helps any of the "experts." Feel free to drop a line. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes for smaller athletes [pretender1955] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you go 650cc wheels you probably have a number of options.

if you are going to go 700cc you might consider an elite. the t-class comes in small with a 49cm top tube and a 72cm standover height. the seat angle is 77 deg. dave makes a nice bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek also makes bikes for smaller riders. To make sure that your bike is your's you could also go custom Guru, then there is the garuntee of the fit.

Scott McNamee
Cranks Bicycle Shoppe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang, I'd kill to be 5'6".

Anyhoo, maybe look into compact framesets like Giant's TCR.

I ride a Kestrel Talon 48cm (tri setup), and have two Cannodale roadbikes (one a 48 and one a 50) and fit great and fast on both with the proper stem. I would probably recommend staying with 700 wheels for more options. Just my opinion being 5'3" and based on personal experience.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im 55 with a 29 inseam - though I had short legsJ. Anyway, Im riding a kestrel 48 and a couple 49 Quintana roos which fit fine. It sounds like you are a little longer than me on the top end so the QRs might not work out very well. Im running a 100 cm stem on QRs and the handling can be a little twitchy.

The Kestrel is 700(my road bike) and the QRs are 650. I like the feel of the 650s and wouldnt hesitate to recommend them. Ive never had a problem getting tires, tubes or rims but for the most part I order em, online. In a pinch a 700 tube will work in a 650 so dont worry too much about that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
greetings... similar to you in height. i'm 5'6 w/ 30" 5/8 inseam. i'm very happy with my 48cm orbea orca road bike w. 700 wheels. i also have a KHS flight 2000 that is a 50cm and 700 wheels. both fit well, i'm a happy vertically challenged camper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'4" with a 28 inseam and ride a 48cm Felt S32. It fits great.

jaretj
Quote Reply