Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike vs. Car Smackdown - Week 2 Results
Quote | Reply
Week 2 went much easier and I'm beginning to play more with other bike commute activities such as running errands and using the bike for dentist appt.

Bike - 148.5

Car - 58

Commute observations: Grocery shopping on way home added another 20lbs or so to the BOB trailer to about 55-60lbs of total trailer weitht. 15 mile trip home with fresh fruits and veggies and some frozen food items held up well! Fear of meltdown kept me from buying ice cream though so going to have to work on that. I'm finding my tolerance for idiot drivers is increasing as I'm beginning to think most just don't know any better and are not intentionally putting us in harms way. I really think the majority of these folks don't understand that riding 6 inches from a cyclist is scary as shit to us. I think they see us like they would a fixed object to be avoided. Some swerve way over to avoid while others just clear the object and as long as they stay within they're "designated lane" they perceive things as fine.

Next week's test? A trip to the farm supply. Attempt to retrieve 50lb bag dog food and a salt block for the horses. Hey, it's a redneck rickshaw! (sp?)
Quote Reply