Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike shops in Tempe AZ?
Quote | Reply
What's a good bike shop in Tempe? Preferably on/near the IM bike course.

Thanks,

Ed
Last edited by: Nice Guy Eddy: Mar 11, 05 11:19
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shops in Tempe AZ? [Nice Guy Eddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the Court Yard Marriott for the half last fall, there was a shop that was about two blocks from there on the main drag, I don't remember the name. Left out of the hotel lot to the first light, go right then go about 100 yards over the rail road tracks and its right there.

I went in and got a few Co2 chargers and had them tweek my deraillers. Can't say if its a good or bad shop in that I didn't ask them to do too much, but they were very willing to help.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shops in Tempe AZ? [ECE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Landis Cyclery is pretty good and is in Tempe--they have a website
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shops in Tempe AZ? [Nice Guy Eddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The shop that ECE described is Tempe Bike, they are located on the north side of University Drive, a few hundred yards west of Mill Ave. They are the closest shop to the IM course, but aren't very big on tri/road cycling - they are more oriented toward the college beach-cruiser commuter types.

Another shop almost as close to the course is Domenic's Cycling, on Mill Ave a few blocks south of University Drive. Domenic's is more of a roadie shop than Tempe Bike.

The bike shop to visit, IMHO, is Landis Cyclery, as mentioned above. They are a true roadie/tri shop with wetsuits, tri gear, etc. They are a few miles from the IM course, but worth it. Two locations in Tempe (Rural & Warner (has more tri stuff), 101 & Southern) and two more in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
www.landiscyclery.com

cholla

Quote Reply