Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike shipping for Steelhead 70.3
Quote | Reply
Anyone attempted this before? Results? Recommendations of where to ship?

Also... any comments on the race site RV rental would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

-mike

--
USA Triathlon Certified Coach
Founder, Sports Bistro | Fuel Smarter, Play Harder
http://www.sportsbistro.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shipping for Steelhead 70.3 [tricoachmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If all else fails you can ship it to my house (I live in Grand Rapids, about an hr and 15 min away) and I could bring it on Fridays bike check. I will be racing as well. I know you probly don't wanna do that but I'm just throwing it out there.

I don't know about RV's though

Specialized Shiv Mafia?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shipping for Steelhead 70.3 [tricoachmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Also... any comments on the race site RV rental would be appreciated.

-mike

I know the park has been redone since 2008 which was my last visit so it may be a nicer setup now, but I couldn't imagine staying in the rental RV's. They may be close to the transition area but that would be of minimal benefit. In 2008 they were pretty much in the open and not being able to plug in and run the A/C at night would be a big negative. Temps that time of year can be warm and quite humid so it may be something nice to have 24/7 while trying to relax. With my luck I'd be next to the guy that would run there A/C off the generator at night and be sucking in exhaust fumes, not to mention listening to the noise. If they had plug ins available it would be much nicer. I'd rather stay further away and drive in on race morning, if you get there early the parking situation and shuttle bus is pretty hassle free. Just pay attention to where you park so you can find it afterwards if not you could end up doing a lot of extra walking.

You could always check with Cycle and Fitness in St Joe's about shipping the bike to there shop, etc.
Quote Reply