Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike routes near Grand Rapids, MI
Quote | Reply
I will be in Grand Rapids, MI next week on business, and would like to get in a short ride while I'm there. Can Anyone recommend a 40 - 50 mile loop?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike routes near Grand Rapids, MI [paule] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me know what area or suburb you will be in. Probably the best thing will be to find a route that goes out to the Lake. It's probably about 60 miles (max) round trip depending on where you start. I do not live in Grand Rapids, but I grew up there, and I did a few rides last summer out there while visiting my parents. You might also try hooking up with the tri club @ www.michiganoutlaws.com. They aren't far away from Grand Rapids, and could probably recommend some good routes. Personally, I know the south side of Grand Rapids (Wyoming, Jenison, Grandville) areas the best. Hope I can help,

Jack

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Last edited by: Jack in Mi: Apr 26, 03 18:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends which side of the city you're going to be on. I grew up right on the GR/Walker border, (Northwest part of town) and would take Fruitridge or Peach Ridge up and head to Sparta or Kent City. Didn't have to cross Alpine Ave (hugely busy) and the only heavy traffic area was cutting down 3 Mile Rd. for a bit from home. North of 4 Mile or 5 Mile, and as long as you stay off the state-numbered highways, I remember the traffic not being too awful.

Kent County Road commission has maps of the county up at:

http://www.kentcountyroads.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Grand Rapids and it really does depend on the where your starting. I prefer the routes are NE of the town. Very hilly and good roads, minimal traffic.

If your interested drop me an email and I'll send you some routes.

Dan
Quote Reply