Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by rbd32
Re: Bike position critique [rbd32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to see your feet at the bottom of the pedal stroke.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike position critique [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I would like to see your feet at the bottom of the pedal stroke.
https://imgur.com/ZRJnDMK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Video, please.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike position critique [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Video, please.

Sorry, hope this helps. Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1b0VcQlhk
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Emma'sDad [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can afford a P3, KICKR, and 404s, you should be able to afford a fit. Otherwise your priorities are likely off.

Crazy amount of toe pointing going on. Bike looks a size too big. Seat is probably a bit high. Front end looks all sorts of funky
Quote Reply
Re: Bike position critique [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
If you can afford a P3, KICKR, and 404s, you should be able to afford a fit. Otherwise your priorities are likely off.

Crazy amount of toe pointing going on. Bike looks a size too big. Seat is probably a bit high. Front end looks all sorts of funky

Bought the bike used with the wheels at a really good price and I have the kickr (also bought used) for a while now. Bike fit is over $400 and since I just bought the most expensive thing I own I would like to replenish my piggy bank for a little bit first. I also ain't gonna be racing for another 7-8 months so just thought I would get some feedback on the bike first since this is my first TT bike. But anyway thanks for the feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike position critique [Emma'sDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emma'sDad wrote:
Hmm. I don't do this for a living, but I'll start- I'm intrigued by your limited knee extension/reach along with your significant ankle reach- I know sometimes people like to pedal toes down, but that's a lot of toes down, and combined with a limited knee extension which is interesting.

My gut feeling from looking at your ankles is to lower your saddle a lot, like 2cm, and then re-video to see what happens at your ankles/knees. Now it looks like you may not have 2cm to give on that frame and seat post.

How tall are you, what's your inseam, what's your saddle height, and what length cranks are those?

If I were in charge, and you have access to a lot more knowledge on this forum than mine, I'd ignore the front until we sort out the saddle/crank relationship.

Matt

Hey, thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. Yeah I am definitely a toe dipper (trying to fix that) but looking at the video again I am definitely toe dipping more than usual here. 5'7 height and the bike is a 51. Saddle height is 82cm. Crank length is 165mm.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Emma'sDad [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m sure the pro’s will chime in, but first off you need to get a better video, that shows your entire bike and body.

This might be a ST first, and I might be in the minority but your seat looks low and forward, and you need to get your elbow all the way onto your pads.

The tow pointing is significant, don’t know if you are doing that on purpose or your fit is causing it. Try pedaling with more of a flat foot and a slight toe point.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike position critique [Emma'sDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emma'sDad wrote:
I'm thinking you mean 72cm.

Can you lower?

Sorry yes 72cm. No thats as low as she will go. The seat post would have to be cut.
Last edited by: rbd32: Oct 16, 19 19:59
Quote Reply
Re: Bike position critique [J.Thompson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J.Thompson wrote:
I’m sure the pro’s will chime in, but first off you need to get a better video, that shows your entire bike and body.

This might be a ST first, and I might be in the minority but your seat looks low and forward, and you need to get your elbow all the way onto your pads.

The tow pointing is significant, don’t know if you are doing that on purpose or your fit is causing it. Try pedaling with more of a flat foot and a slight toe point.

Thanks, I will get a better video up later with full shot. The seat is currently pushed all the way forward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbd32 wrote:
Lemme know if you have any pointers.

Hmmm... some odd suggestions so far.

IMO your saddle height is ok for now. It certainly doesn't need to move down, and since you are pointing your toes down at the bottom, I wouldn't move it up.

If anything your saddle could move back... and bars farther forward and down. Stretch out a bit. Lower your shoulders and head.

It's a good idea to wear you helmet in fit videos and assume the posture you can hold for a long time. Also, find a place where you can set up the camera far from the bike and zoom in enough but still show everything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbd32 wrote:
Hi guys, I am aware that my position is probably waaay off here but I can't quite afford a professional bike fit right now and I am trying to get a little more dialed in for some indoor sessions in the mean time. Sorry if the video quality sucks. Lemme know if you have any pointers. Thank you!

Aye, saw this on reddit!

I'll be a bit of a different animal here and say this: ride it for awhile and see how the fit feels before making any significant changes.

Generally, have the seat as high as you can go without listing to one side. Have the seat high enough where you're able to extend your leg to max power (which isn't full extension). Have the elbow pads in such a position to where you can rest your weight on them without feeling like your elbows are going to fall off (elbow-to-hand center of gravity?).

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Confused Fitness Addict -- Biker first, Nutrition second, everything else third.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike position critique [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
rbd32 wrote:
Lemme know if you have any pointers.

Hmmm... some odd suggestions so far.

IMO your saddle height is ok for now. It certainly doesn't need to move down, and since you are pointing your toes down at the bottom, I wouldn't move it up.

If anything your saddle could move back... and bars farther forward and down. Stretch out a bit. Lower your shoulders and head.

It's a good idea to wear you helmet in fit videos and assume the posture you can hold for a long time. Also, find a place where you can set up the camera far from the bike and zoom in enough but still show everything.

Going to second this. Wouldn't lower or raise the saddle.

First thing first get the video right. The camera needs to be further away from the bike. Position the camera as perpendicular to the bike as possible, center it on the Bottom Bracket for the X-axis, and the Top Tube for the Y-axis. Have it far enough back to see at least the bottom of your pedal stroke, at least the ends of the extensions, at least the top of your back, and at least the back of the saddle.

But before a new video get a longer stem and lower that pad stack a lot. Maybe a 100mm -17 and take whatever pad/extension spacers you have out.

Helmet on would be a bonus.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbd32 wrote:
Emma'sDad wrote:
I'm thinking you mean 72cm.

Can you lower?

Sorry yes 72cm. No thats as low as she will go. The seat post would have to be cut.

I have a 51cm P2, same issue - there's a TON of seatpost to cut, and very easy to do it. Will lighten the bike a bit ;)

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a professional fitter, but did stay at a holiday.... nevermind.

I'm curious if others think if your saddle is too forward and you are scrunched up in the torso. It's like your saddle position is set up for an super aggressive steep position, but then your pads are quite high and back, set up to ride less steep. It seems you could potentially 1. start tinkering to adopt a steep position, leave saddle far forward, and then you are going to add some reach and mucho drop on the pads (flip stem), or 2, allow yourself to drop saddle back 1-2 cm, perhaps down a 0.5-1cm, and see if you can rotate those hips around and avoid the hunchback.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike position critique [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second LAI's recommendation. You look too compact. I would extend and lower your cockpit first, and try to create a better video. Move your coffee table and try to take a video with enough distance so we can see you, the bike, straight on (not from an angle).
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Oct 17, 19 12:13
Quote Reply
Re: Bike position critique [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the feedback and tips. I am gonna try and get a bike fit done as soon as I can but here is another video with a slightly better angle. Anyway for now I would just like to sort out the proper saddle position. I took it back a few cm's from the last vid. Also wore the helmet as requested although at some point I will be getting an aero one for racing...not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks again for all the input, appreciate it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNZ3sNMDxug

EDIT: Shit just realized the vid cut out too short...hope it is still of some use.
Last edited by: rbd32: Oct 20, 19 16:03
Quote Reply