Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike fitter recommendation for mid-Atlantic region
Quote | Reply
Hello all, I’m looking for an experienced triathlon bike fitter in the mid-Atlantic region. I’m in central Virginia but willing to drive at least 3 hours for a top bike fitter. I’m looking for someone who is also a PT or otherwise has degree/experience in an associated hands-on biomechanical field.

I’ve seen numerous fitters in recent years but I haven’t been happy with any of the outcomes. Looking for someone with an individualized approach and strong biomechanical and physiological knowledge.

Open to a virtual fitting as well, for someone outside the mid-Atlantic region.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fitter recommendation for mid-Atlantic region [Greg17815] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John Hughes at 90+ Cycling in Columbia, MD. He’s amazing and I’ve trusted him with my fit for years because of exactly what you’re looking for

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fitter recommendation for mid-Atlantic region [Greg17815] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in Richmond. Fitting for 15 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fitter recommendation for mid-Atlantic region [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is my recommendation

FindinFreestyle wrote:

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fitter recommendation for mid-Atlantic region [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, make the trip to Richmond.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would recommend Kur at VeloFit… he’s a DPT among many things, and Joe Dombrowski is his client. He’s in Herndon, so it will be a bit of drive for you, but it’s worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stu waring at Parvilla Cycles. He's awesome. Very comprehensive fit and great shop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should tell you I am not exactly what you specified, but also I could likely help you. If you wanted I could take a look on video before you make any drive. I am curious why you think you need someone as described? In my experience, and I really hate to quote Jordan fucking Rapp, but PT bike fitters seek dysfunction, and they generally find it.

True professional bike fitting is going to encompass some body knowledge of course, but the riders who need highly specialized medical bike fitters combined with highly specialized orthopedic corrections / shims / wedges / insoles are far less than the riders who think they need these things, generally because they've been dealing with the 90% of bike fitters who are better at social media than bike fitting.

Don't get me wrong. There are people who need that level of expertise and intervention, and they REALLY need it. Just not many.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fitter recommendation for mid-Atlantic region [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:

Just replying here to recommend Dave here ^^
Quote Reply