Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Trainer Recommendations - STAC Zero?
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a new bike trainer.

I am looking at the STAC Zero... I like the 0 noise and no tire wear concept.

Thoughts on it/ other recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Recommendations - STAC Zero? [tritexas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using the STAC Zero now for about a 15 months, and I have no problems with it at all. I think between my girlfriend and I we have 3 of them. We can both be hammering away and still hear a movie on our MacBooks without having to use a speaker or headphones.

It is awesome for harder rides as I have no issues cranking it up for sprints like I did on a smart trainer that takes a little time to ramp up or feels like you hit a wall as the resistance ramps up or like on a fluid trainer where the wheel might slip if it is wasn't tight enough.

For easy rides I do have to move the magnets a little further away from the wheel to reduce the resistance. I found with my low cadence and probably poor pedalling technique I notice very small dead spots at the top and bottom of the pedal stroke when I'm tired and just want to putt around on a recovery ride.

It has been cool working with the company since their infancy and seeing how much they put into the product.

*disclaimer I am sponsored by them and have received free trainers (my gf's parents did buy one)

If you have anymore questions I will have them come on and chime in. I know Art is on here often answering questions
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Recommendations - STAC Zero? [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A vdLinden wrote:
I have been using the STAC Zero now for about a 15 months, and I have no problems with it at all. I think between my girlfriend and I we have 3 of them. We can both be hammering away and still hear a movie on our MacBooks without having to use a speaker or headphones.

It is awesome for harder rides as I have no issues cranking it up for sprints like I did on a smart trainer that takes a little time to ramp up or feels like you hit a wall as the resistance ramps up or like on a fluid trainer where the wheel might slip if it is wasn't tight enough.

For easy rides I do have to move the magnets a little further away from the wheel to reduce the resistance. I found with my low cadence and probably poor pedalling technique I notice very small dead spots at the top and bottom of the pedal stroke when I'm tired and just want to putt around on a recovery ride.

It has been cool working with the company since their infancy and seeing how much they put into the product.

*disclaimer I am sponsored by them and have received free trainers (my gf's parents did buy one)

If you have anymore questions I will have them come on and chime in. I know Art is on here often answering questions

the link for STAC does not work for me ...
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Recommendations - STAC Zero? [sixt3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the heads up I had an extra "url" in the title.
Quote Reply