Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Fitting in Lexington / Cincinatti
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for / or experience with shops to do bicycle fitting in the Cincinatti, Ohio or Lexington, KY or Louisville, KY areas. My brother's birthday is coming up and I wanted to get him a proper fitting for a present.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SuperDave [ In reply to ]
Re: Bike Fitting in Lexington / Cincinatti [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"check out Wheelie Fun Multisport in Lebanon, Ohio."

smart, intuitive guy. but it depends on what you are predisposed toward. he doesn't like steep, which means he doesn't like what most of the best triathletes and top time trialists are riding. if that's okay with you, good choice for a bike fitter. if you are looking for a fit for your cervelo, i'd suggest rethinking going there for a fit.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitting in Lexington / Cincinatti [Trippertim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
www.campuscyclery.com

love these guys.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitting in Lexington / Cincinatti [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While he doesn't like steep, he doesn't avoid it if that is what you are looking for. If you read his studies I do think they fall a bit short in the "run after the ride" column but they are far more sound than the Tufo's are slow arguement. He pictures his steep fits in his study for comparison and I think his angles, reach, and torso positioning are suitable for both steep and slack riders. While he may not like steep, I think his best selling tri bike is a Felt, and at 78-76 degrees, they fall into the steeper column vs . the Euro 74 deg TT bikes he's got hanging all over the store.

Please Dan, where would you go to get set up "Steep" in the cincy market? I'm always looking for a retail outlet for tri products.

-SD
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitting in Lexington / Cincinatti [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hows your riding Dave ? Back firing on all cyclinders after your crash the other week ?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitting in Lexington / Cincinatti [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of the Tri bikes we carry, Felt, Guru, QR, Kuota, Kestrel, Softride, and (only one bike) Jamis, only one brand has a seat angle under 76. That would be the Kestrel Talon. Of the custom bikes we've built under our own label two have been steep (76 degree and 80 degree) while two have been slack (a titanium touring bike at 74 degrees and a road bike at 73.5). Guru has done 99percent of our customs and I'm certain that the tri bikes we've done have averaged above 75degrees.

So while it is true that this former road racer prefers a slack angle for himself, he does not, as some in the industry do, feel predisposed to set up every athlete in the same manner. Contrary, our power output testing has many times proved my intuition false. I set athletes up so they are fast and comfortable...Forward or back.

Check out HFP's race directors new ride if you need proof or ask my clients or anyone who's ever been to the shop and seen what we do. Better still, stop in and give us a shot. We will make you faster...NO DOUBT.

Without Wax

Bob Duncan

Ps. Thanks to those in the industry who do make these type of exchanges possible.
Last edited by: Veritas: Jul 20, 05 13:52
Quote Reply