Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike F*cked up - Need help
Quote | Reply
HELP - I got back from a race last weekend open the straps on the bike case and took out my wheels. I just left the bike in the case all week. Putting the bike together and noticed that the rear wheel dropout non drive side is bent in about 20 degrees more than normal.
Anyone know if it is ok to bend it back? my frame is AL, altec 2 tubing.
thanks in advance

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Bike F*cked up - Need help [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you bend it back, I wouldn't ride it. the al will be quite weakened after that...not sure what you can do
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would look at Cervelos or Felts.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with francois... if the dropout itself is Aluminum do not bend it back if it doesn't snap right away it will snap. I would take it to the sop you bought it at and see what the manufacturer can do for you. they may be able to weld a new drop out for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lesson here for the less experienced...those strange plastic things that cases come with...those serve a very important purpose...they come in two sizes, one surprisingly similar to the distance between your fork dropouts, and the other...well, probably has a couple of slots that fit 130 and 135 rear dropouts. The strange thing is...when you snap these into place, strap up your case, travel, reach destination, pop open the case...voila...NO dropout damage!....

Ok, so I'm a little over the top here....but I've seen and heard of more cases like this. The solution is simple...read the destructions...err directions. Even a simple mechanical structure like a bicycle case has important pieces that, if left out, result in expensive boo-boos.
Quote Reply